Aller au contenu
publicité

Tour Deloitte - 26 étages (2015)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Comme New-York peut être?!?! Dis tu que N-Y est une vilee invivable? Si c'est le cas, je ne suis pas d'accord. Une des, sinon la meilleur ville au monde, et des grattes ciels, ils en ont des centaines...si ce n'Est pas des milliers. Une vrai foret de gratte-ciels.

N'empêche les quartiers les plus intéressants et vivables à NY sont loin d'être les quartiers avec les plus hauts grattes-ciels. Les quartier agréables c'est Greenwich Village, Chelsea, East Village, etc. Midtown c'est cool pour la vie trépidante, les touristes, la business, mais c'est pas un quartier agréable à vivre!

publicité
Mtlman a raison et son exemple de mon "bébé" est excellent. Je crois que nous sommes tous d'Accord pour dire que si la CIBC avait 25 étages de moins elle ne sortirait pas de l'ordinaire.

Comme New-York peut être?!?! Dis tu que N-Y est une vilee invivable? Si c'est le cas, je ne suis pas d'accord. Une des, sinon la meilleur ville au monde, et des grattes ciels, ils en ont des centaines...si ce n'Est pas des milliers. Une vrai foret de gratte-ciels.

J'avais pensé mettre New York dans une classe à part (bien que je n'y vivrait pas moi-même), je pense aussi à HongKong. Mais de toute façon les très grandes villes en général sont loin d'être reposantes, mais pour la vie trépidante elles sont généralement toutes indiquées.

J'en reviens au surdéveloppement où on bâtit si dense qu'on tue la qualité de vie de tout le monde. Montréal a justement de beaux quartiers bien équilibrés et une densité idéale répartie sur une grande surface. Bien sûr il faut densifier davantage le centre-ville et Griffintown notamment, où on pourrait concentrer le développement pour une bonne décennie ou deux. Le secteur Blue Bonnet a aussi un grand potentiel de verticalité et je vois bien des ilots de densité moyenne à élevée reliés au TEC.

Mais généralement parlant, l'horizontalité de la ville lui donne de l'oxygène dans tous les sens du terme, c'est aéré, lumineux et assez verdoyant. Ma ville de référence sera toujours Barcelone, parce que justement il y a tout pour en faire un endroit idéal. C'est beau, plein de belles avenues, de promenades et un bord de mer superbe. Des quartiers intéressants, denses mais équilibrés, harmonieux et à l'architecture soignée. Une ville parfaite pour marcher et profiter de l'animation extraordinaire, autant dans les ramblas (vieille ville) que dans les quartiers secondaires.

Montréal a déjà une partie de ces caractéristiques: son bord de mer est son fleuve, ses ramblas son Vieux-Montréal, son Monjuic sa montagne et ses quartiers différents avec chacun sa personnalité propre. Son système de transport est bien développé et des projets d'amélioration le rendront encore plus performant. Nous n'avons qu'à poursuivre dans cette même direction, non pour imiter une autre ville mais pour que Montréal se distingue encore plus des autres villes plutôt génériques d'Amérique du Nord.

Nous avons un bijou encore brut dans certains domaines, mais à force de le polir on en fera quelque chose de vraiment admirable. L'expansion actuelle est une opportunité en or dont il faut absolument profiter car elle déterminera la direction future de la ville. Je suis donc d'accord avec le plan de la ville et ses limites de hauteurs, c'est la meilleure garanti d'assurer un développement harmonieux pour les générations à venir.

Ce qui me dérange un peu dans le design de cette tour c'est simplement son intégration insuffisante avec le magnifique édifice du CP juste à coté. Il ne semble pas y avoir d'écho ou de rappel architectural à part une toute petite partie de maçonnerie du coté Est. On a l'impression que les développeurs ont pris une tour d'Edmonton et l'ont planté là.

Modifié par LindbergMTL

I find it funny how everyone seem to be hating this tour and yet the Marriot seems to be everyone's favorite project in Montreal (save for Icone). It seems to me that if anything, the Marriott looks more like any other Toronto tour despised by most on this forum. maybe because its big and tall...

I personally like Windsor very much, its simple yet modern and not tacky compared to many other projects (say roccabella or, to a certain extent, Peterson).

My 2 cents...

I find it funny how everyone seem to be hating this tour and yet the Marriot seems to be everyone's favorite project in Montreal (save for Icone). It seems to me that if anything, the Marriott looks more like any other Toronto tour despised by most on this forum. maybe because its big and tall...

I personally like Windsor very much, its simple yet modern and not tacky compared to many other projects (say roccabella or, to a certain extent, Peterson).

My 2 cents...

a run-of-the-mill project. one that although seems to suggests quality build and sober elegance when (if) completed, would no doubt have boasted more prestige had it had 20 or extra floors. and prestige is not to be taken lightly in an office only tower, because it attracts bigger bucks. it's not that well situated, either.

about the mariott, i think most people's initial reaction to this one was all about it's floor count, and the fact that it seemed to pop out of the nowhere when we first heard about it on the forums. but its funny you should mention this particular tower, as we now have a handful of similar projects announced for the downtown area and the mariott does indeed seem alot more ordinary. maybe the same will happen in time with office towers, especially as the market heats up and lands becomes less available.

we can only hope..

a run-of-the-mill project. one that although seems to suggests quality build and sober elegance when (if) completed, would no doubt have boasted more prestige had it had 20 or extra floors. and prestige is not to be taken lightly in an office only tower, because it attracts bigger bucks. it's not that well situated, either.

about the mariott, i think most people's initial reaction to this one was all about it's floor count, and the fact that it seemed to pop out of the nowhere when we first heard about it on the forums. but its funny you should mention this particular tower, as we now have a handful of similar projects announced for the downtown area and the mariott does indeed seem alot more ordinary. maybe the same will happen in time with office towers, especially as the market heats up and lands becomes less available.

we can only hope..

I generally agree with you, had it had more floors, I really think this project would have attracted more sympathy from my fellow forum posters. I also agree that this project is not very well located and not well integrated with its surroundings. But that does not make it an ugly tower, and who knows, maybe the downtown core will expand to the south, there are a lot of empty lots in that area. If it was on Rene-Lévesque, i.e. 2 streets north, and a little higher (I guess), but with the same design, I think that building would have been awesome...

Run-of-the-mill? I don't know... unless i am mistaken, there is no other similar buildings in Montreal, which in itself makes it an out of the ordinary building in this city, just like crystal (which is not that nice) or IBM marathon (which to me is one of the nicest looking high rise in the city).

Anyway all this to say that I think there is nothing wrong with the design and despite the lack of integration with the other buildings around it and despite the fact that it will probably not be a landmark (none of the recently announced projects can aspire to that status anyway), I think its a nice design.

I really like this tower actually, It really stands out from Windsor Station and the Bell Centre and presents a modern, clean design that you don't see a lot in Montreal. As for being isolated, all you have to do is walk across the courtyard and you're on La Gauchetiere. And who know like others have said, maybe it will revive that part of St. Antoine which desperately needs improvements and new construction, which could start right on the other side of the street which I believe is owned by Cadillac-Fairview.

I agree with you Lazou. I really like this project, I think it is one of our best.

As for the location, I would like making a comment: I think the location is terrific. The building is smacked between two metro stations, and would probably be connected to Bonaventure station. So access to the tower is not a problem imo. As for the area south of the tower, (which as of right now seems not to exist,) I think this project will push the boundaries of the areas in Montreal that very busy. We will just have to give it time: that is to say, we will see a shift in development towards the South, vers the river. So, even that problem may be solve.

The only tiny bit that annoys me is concerning the integration of the tower with Windsor station but I have no fear as this is Montreal! I am sure we will push for a better integration.