Messages recommendés

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • Réponses 53
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Pour ma part, j'ai acheté une unité de 950pi2. Je ne crois pas que je reverrai un condo avec cette qualité de finition à Montréal très prochainement, well pour ce prix là.

J'étais supposé acheter une unité dans le Gillette Lofts, mais le building n'était pas assurable par la SCHL ni par Genworth. Je crois qu'ils ont réellement appris de leurs erreurs pour ce nouvel édifice!

Les plans sont maintenant disponibles.

http://www.wilsonlofts.ca

I was looking at the website, and the renderings include a "Phase 2" that would add 4 stories to the existing building.

Has anyone dropped in to check out the sales office? What's the price range? Looks like a nice project, great location.

• 2 semaines plus tard...
I was looking at the website, and the renderings include a "Phase 2" that would add 4 stories to the existing building.

Has anyone dropped in to check out the sales office? What's the price range? Looks like a nice project, great location.

About ~325 per sf. Less or more depending on which side the unit is facing and which floor you're on.

In this thread, we seem to be mixing two developments on rue Saint-Alexandre.

There is "Lofts Saint-Alexandre" @ 1200 rue Saint-Alexandre (as pictured above) and "The Wilson" @ 1061 rue Saint-Alexandre.

The development team at The Wilson is a shambles! The only person that has the appropriate expertise (in my opinion) has just left the project. I have been dealing with them for the last 2 years with regards to my purchase of a unit in Gillette Lofts, their first project, and it has been a nightmare at each and every step of the process. They promise everything and deliver sub-standard. I took delivery over a year ago and I still have problems and unfinished areas of my loft. Nearly all my neighbours are in the same predicament. I would never deal with them again, no matter how nice (in theory) their next project.

You have been warned!

You have been warned!

I would be interested in how. The ones I visited looked very nice. I know they had many issues with the builder on the Gillette project, and they made it pretty clear. But I would like to have more info on this.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

I wish you well with your purchase and I hope the the developer has learned their many lessons, however, the ongoing issues at Gillette Lofts is not an encouraging sign.

With regard to the problems I have had, nearly all occurred AFTER the developer and original contractor parted ways (which was the cause of the 12 month delay - obviously a massive inconvenience but not entirely unexpected) and included deficiencies with plumbing, tiling, hardwood floors, AC system, heating system and various kitchen cabinetry issues.

I still have deficiencies waiting to be corrected. The building is still not finished and the developer doesn't seem interested in finishing it anytime soon. I'm sure they will when THEY are good and ready.

This is all going on a year after I moved into my unit and 2 years after they were supposed to finish the renovation.

My experience is not isolated. Virtually everyone of my neighbors would recite the same experience. I could bitch about many other infuriating things they have/have not done, but what's the point?

bonjour, moi je suis de Sherbrooke, je déménage a Montréal à l'automne, ce projet m'intéresse énormément. Je trouve l'emplacement parfait, en plein-centre ville, j'ai été visiter et je trouve l'endroit bien réussi. J'aimerais cependant davantage connaître votre opinion sur se projet, il me semble que les ventes on beaucoup de difficulté à décoller contrairement à d'autres projets, est-ce que je me trompe? Est-ce que je devrais envisager d'autre projet, j'ai un budget limité à 160 000 puisque je suis encore étudiant. merci de votre opinion.

Tabarnak, je pense que je vais aller étudier à Sherbrooke une couple d'années et revenir ensuite. ;)

Bienvenue sur le board... je ne connais pas ce projet plus que les autres mais bonne chance!