Aller au contenu
publicité

Le Carré Saint-Laurent / Le Central - 10,20 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

I do not believe these buildings should be torn down! There is so much empty land behind them on the same block to be able to build new and simply integrate them without this type of facadism. I think it turned out badly at the PDC on St.Antoine street and it will here too. This street corner is too interesting as far as urban fabric and history goes to demolish; it is the seedy nature that makes it so fascinating. With a few shiny new developments on empty lots, the seediness will fade anyways.

publicité

Arrêter avec votre thermopompe, les rendus sont pas assez claire, manque de réalisme et de couleur... Je crois qu'on ne peu pas le jugé temps que l'on a pas de rendu plus claire, je suis sur que cette immeuble serra un beau projet une foi construit.

I do not believe these buildings should be torn down! There is so much empty land behind them on the same block to be able to build new and simply integrate them without this type of facadism. I think it turned out badly at the PDC on St.Antoine street and it will here too. This street corner is too interesting as far as urban fabric and history goes to demolish; it is the seedy nature that makes it so fascinating. With a few shiny new developments on empty lots, the seediness will fade anyways.

I also would have liked those buildings to stand. However, somebody correct me if I am wrong, the horrendous condition of those buildings was the issue. If that was the case, it may have been sound decision to bring them down and restore the fronts only.

Like everybody else, I am not too fond about the look of this new building to be. But I am willing to give it a chance. My greatest concern was related to an office building being built in this area. Le quartier des spectacles needs a nightlife, which is incompatible with an office building closing at five everyday.

In this case, l'OCPM was right. Et les garantis exigés du promoteur par la ville sous recommandation de l'OCPM étaient à mon avis nécessaires. Bravo.

Like everybody else, I am not too fond about the look of this new building to be. But I am willing to give it a chance. My greatest concern was related to an office building being built in this area. Le quartier des spectacles needs a nightlife, which is incompatible with an office building closing at five everyday.

I disagree: Times Square in New York is alive 24/7 and is full of 40-story office buildings that were built beginning in the mid-1990's. The key is to have retail/resto space on the ground floors. In fact, it is something I have noticed with a lot of New York office buildings - the ground floor is mostly retail.

Bottom line: a vibrant QDS will happen with a mix of retail, cultural, residential and yes, office development.

I disagree: Times Square in New York is alive 24/7 and is full of 40-story office buildings that were built beginning in the mid-1990's. The key is to have retail/resto space on the ground floors. In fact, it is something I have noticed with a lot of New York office buildings - the ground floor is mostly retail.

Bottom line: a vibrant QDS will happen with a mix of retail, cultural, residential and yes, office development.

New York and Times Square are in a league of their own and cannot serve as an example to Montreal and its quartier des spectacles. Retail by itself is necessary but not sufficient as most stores in Montreal close around 6:00 everyday. The shear size of this buliding and its prime location on St-Laurent street commands that it be not only office and retail space but "nightlife" material compatible with the mission of the quartier des spectacles. The conditions imposed by the city have this aim, that is to make sure life remains in this building after the sun goes down. That being said, the office part of this building is a huge plus also as it will bring thousands of new people in this neigborhood during the day. That will make it possible for new restaurants to survive in this area and hopefully stay open when darkness arrives.

J'avoue que j'aime pas trop le style thermopompe, mais lorsque je suis allé à New York cette été il y avait devant le musée de cire un immeuble très intéressant!

Bon le jour c'était ordinaire, mais le soir c'était génial. Il pourrait peut-être faire quelque chose avec la lumière dans ce genre là!

NewYorkJP_072009 370.jpg

NewYorkJP_072009 371.jpg

Vous ne croyez pas que le même type de fenêtres et de revêtement pourraient être utilisés éventuellement pour la rénovation de la grande tour d'hydro? Des travaux sont en cours pour l'entrée et il y a des projets pour le stationnement arrière. Peut être que le choix de ce matériaux se veut en harmonie avec une restauration future de la tour. On souhaite peut-être unir les édifices à la manière d'un campus... Ce n'est qu'un suposition bien sur....