Aller au contenu
publicité

575, boul. Saint-Jean - 10 étages

go_habs_go

Messages recommendés

Nouveau projet de Brivia sur le site de l'ancien concessionaire Mazda 2-20 à Pointe-Claire. This is a large site so it will be interesting to see what Brivia is proposing. I'm hoping at least 10 stories and better quality than the Nest Condos on Crescent. This is right across the street from the Quartier Greenwich where they are currently building 10 story apartment buildings.

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

• Like 3

publicité

Now THAT is about time. About a 20 minute walk to REM Fairview-Pointe-Claire, but directly on St-Jean so it’ll be a short hop on any new express bus after the bus system overhaul.

• Like 1

il y a 18 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Now THAT is about time. About a 20 minute walk to REM Fairview-Pointe-Claire, but directly on St-Jean so it’ll be a short hop on any new express bus after the bus system overhaul.

Perhaps even the BEST OF TIMES.   A residential project on the same site prior the REM (announcement and now widespread awareness of its coming) would not have received as much attention, and not commanded comparable prices.  

• Like 1

Il y a 11 heures, Né entre les rapides a dit :

Perhaps even the BEST OF TIMES.   A residential project on the same site prior the REM (announcement and now widespread awareness of its coming) would not have received as much attention, and not commanded comparable prices.  

C'est dire à quel point le REM aura une influence directe sur le développement sur l'ile de Montréal, en offrant une option crédible et avantageuse concurrentielle avec les couronnes nord et sud.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, go_habs_go said:

Nouveau projet de Brivia sur le site de l'ancien concessionaire Mazda 2-20 à Pointe-Claire. This is a large site so it will be interesting to see what Brivia is proposing. I'm hoping at least 10 stories and better quality than the Nest Condos on Crescent. This is right across the street from the Quartier Greenwich where they are currently building 10 story apartment buildings.

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

I worked here when I was just a kid and it was my first job! I would sweep the floors in the garage and mop the showroom. I remember looking at the Mazdas and dreaming of owning one someday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to the presentation, its going to be a 10 storey condo building with 224 units. it looks like a nice addition to the area, but the city of Pointe Claire really needs to create walking accessibility to the REM for the all the new residents in this sector. 

• Like 3

So true. As I’ve said before in a variety of threads here, the areas of the West Island around each of the stations along the Anse-à-l’Orme branch are among the least pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly in the entire metropolitan area. Pointe-Claire and Kirkland have installed amber begging lights across the access ramps on each of the three main overpasses; most peds and bikers don’t bother using them, and when somebody does, most drivers ignore the flashing lights. When a driver does yield, the ones behind aren’t prepared for the sudden stop over the blind hill and it causes à precarious situation. All in all it’s just a disaster zone. The municipalities, the CMM and the province really need to work it out and build active transport bridges over the 40 that avoid the three main overpasses. The only commitment we’ve seen is a new active path at the eastern (westbound) Ch. Ste-Marie overpass near the Kirkland station.

• Like 1

Il y a 16 heures, SameGuy a dit :

So true. As I’ve said before in a variety of threads here, the areas of the West Island around each of the stations along the Anse-à-l’Orme branch are among the least pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly in the entire metropolitan area. Pointe-Claire and Kirkland have installed amber begging lights across the access ramps on each of the three main overpasses; most peds and bikers don’t bother using them, and when somebody does, most drivers ignore the flashing lights. When a driver does yield, the ones behind aren’t prepared for the sudden stop over the blind hill and it causes à precarious situation. All in all it’s just a disaster zone. The municipalities, the CMM and the province really need to work it out and build active transport bridges over the 40 that avoid the three main overpasses. The only commitment we’ve seen is a new active path at the eastern (westbound) Ch. Ste-Marie overpass near the Kirkland station.

On pourrait résumer cette navrante situation comme le fruit d'un manque de sensibilisation, d'éducation et de suivi de la part des autorités, comme des citoyens concernés.

• Like 1

On 2020-08-07 at 2:36 PM, LexD said:

I went to the presentation, its going to be a 10 storey condo building with 224 units. it looks like a nice addition to the area, but the city of Pointe Claire really needs to create walking accessibility to the REM for the all the new residents in this sector. 

Thanks for the update. Hopefully will be something more visually appealing than the Nest Condos on Crescent! I totally agree with you that accessibility to the REM will need to be improved. I live in the area and it's really challenging to move around the major arteries without a car. A couple of pedestrian/bike overpasses at key junctures would really help.

• Like 1