Aller au contenu

575, boul. Saint-Jean - 10 étages

go_habs_go

Messages recommendés

• 7 mois plus tard...

There's a lot of concern in the community about the size of this proposal and the city seems to be flip-flopping on the height allowance. After initial protests, Pointe-Claire said that they would limit the height to 6 storeys max but now seem to have reversed that and  it will go ahead at 10 storeys. I have to admit that 10 storeys will be a big change in this area as there are bungalows right next to it. But I believe there is pressure on the city with the upcoming REM - new developments in proximity to the REM have to meet a minimum density requirement.

fairview.jpg

fairview 2.jpg

Proposal has been rejected by the city. The West Island will continue to be the only place in greater Montreal with a shrinking population because of ignorant but vocal locals and incompetent politicians

• Thanks 1

The demolition of the existing structure was approved but the proposal in its current incarnation was not. Brivia will need to revise it. I agree with this decision, 10 stories in that location doesn't make sense. They should go with a gradual 2-4-6 storey build. As for population growth, there are three 10 storey buildings going up right across St Jean blvd. That location makes perfect sense for 10 storey buildings as there are no bungalows right next door. There also several 10 storey buildings going up on Hymus.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/west-island-gazette/pointe-claire-approves-demo-of-mazda-site-but-not-brivia-high-rise

• 2 semaines plus tard...

More details of the proposal from Brivia. Looks like a decent construction for the area but it would have a big impact on the immediate neighborhood. Hopefully they can make it a little smaller and the project will go ahead.

575-StJean-_-website-public-plan.pdfhttps://briviagroup.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/575-StJean-_-website-public-plan.pdf

• 2 semaines plus tard...
On 2021-05-04 at 7:37 PM, go_habs_go said:

More details of the proposal from Brivia. Looks like a decent construction for the area but it would have a big impact on the immediate neighborhood. Hopefully they can make it a little smaller and the project will go ahead.

575-StJean-_-website-public-plan.pdf 7.87 MB · 5 downloads https://briviagroup.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/575-StJean-_-website-public-plan.pdf

this project has been rejected by city council, Pointe Claire has also changed the zoning to 6 floors, so Brivia will have to go back to the drawing board.

• Like 1

Sorry, that’s NIMBYism at work. They buy homes 25 m from the busiest road in the West Island then complain when the commercial property next door is proposed to be redeveloped. As @Rocco said, “When I bought this house next to the airport, nobody told me about the planes!”

3 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Sorry, that’s NIMBYism at work. They buy homes 25 m from the busiest road in the West Island then complain when the commercial property next door is proposed to be redeveloped. As @Rocco said, “When I bought this house next to the airport, nobody told me about the planes!”

And then people complain that housing is unaffordable. The developer has no choice but to maintain his ROI and now it must do so with less units. Price goes up. Where are the priorities? 

• Like 1