Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 52 minutes, BilMo a dit :

Here is a brief overview of a REM B alternative. Some people might think it’s crazy, but I wouldn’t have proposed this if it wasn’t for the Rene Levesque viaduct concept.

539560287_MTLREM01.jpg.797507c1b37bd3f3dfd26ad07446ea0c.jpg

Soon after coming out of Place Bonaventure, REM B starts to split off from REM A. It then begins its ascent towards the Griffintown-Bernard-Landry station. At that point, REM B is one level above REM A.

Just south of the Griffintown-Bernard-Landry station, REM B crosses over the train tracks (and REM A). The skytrain is high up in the air above Boulevard Robert Bourassa and skirts around the periphery of Cite Multimedia.

In the Old Port, about a mile of the line could be depressed or buried under the esplanade (as an alternative to a skytrain).

C'est clair que si les gens chiâlent pour un skytrain sur René-Lévesque, ça va être l'hystérie si on suggère un skytrain dans le Vieux Montréal! ;) Alors il faudra que ce soit souterrain. 

Le seul problème que je vois est que le REM-B, dans cette version, n'est plus une alternative à la ligne verte pour rejoindre l'UQAM et le secteur McGill. Par contre, le quartier du Vieux Montréal devient super bien couvert par un transport efficace.

Je comprend aussi que les REM A et B demeurent séparés en terme d'exploitation, donc au niveau de la Gare Centrale, est-ce qu'il y a de la place pour gérer 2 lignes de métro avec fréquence élevée comme ça?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BilMo said:

Here is a brief overview of a REM B alternative. Some people might think it’s crazy, but I wouldn’t have proposed this if it wasn’t for the Rene Levesque viaduct concept.

539560287_MTLREM01.jpg.797507c1b37bd3f3dfd26ad07446ea0c.jpg

Soon after coming out of Place Bonaventure, REM B starts to split off from REM A. It then begins its ascent towards the Griffintown-Bernard-Landry station. At that point, REM B is one level above REM A.

Just south of the Griffintown-Bernard-Landry station, REM B crosses over the train tracks (and REM A). The skytrain is high up in the air above Boulevard Robert Bourassa and skirts around the periphery of Cite Multimedia.

In the Old Port, about a mile of the line could be depressed or buried under the esplanade (as an alternative to a skytrain).

I'm just going to pretend you didn't just suggest that. They just demolished the elevated section of Bonaventure between Wellington and Notre-Dame. The reasons why this idea is never going to fly should be obvious.

• Like 3

None of that makes sense. The reason the tunnel under Bassin was deemed unfeasible was the necessary slopes and the incredible amount of complex digging in close quarters. Now you’re proposing it rises above the A-line, crosses over all the CN tracks and then plummets underground somehow on the Bonaventure park or on Robert-Bourassa between William and Wellington? It’ll need cogs.

Honestly, if the Caisse thinks this 30 km line only merits 40 metre trains, I don’t see the point of a one-ride trip straight to the centre of downtown; just make it terminate at an intermodal station somewhere on the green line and avoid all of this nonsense being proposed just for the sake of egocentric glamour.

Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Now you’re proposing it rises above the A-line, crosses over all the CN tracks and then plummets underground somehow on the Bonaventure park or on Robert-Bourassa between William and Wellington? It’ll need cogs.

In that particular concept, it would make the transition near the base of McGill. 

1 hour ago, Enalung said:

I'm just going to pretend you didn't just suggest that. They just demolished the elevated section of Bonaventure between Wellington and Notre-Dame. The reasons why this idea is never going to fly should be obvious.

In most situations I prefer underground alignments. With that being said, I can see the distinction between an eight lane slightly above grade expressway that is insurmountable and a skytrain that is set 40 feet in the air.

2 hours ago, champdemars said:

I also understand that the REM A and B remain separate in terms of operation, so at the Central Station, is there room to manage 2 high-frequency metro lines like this?

That is my main concern with this alignment.

il y a 24 minutes, vincenzo a dit :

One option is to  force all eastbound traffic out at the St Laurent exit and have the REM go underground on the east bound lanes connecting at the Place D'Armes metro station.

Thus creating a huge traffic choke point on Saint-Antoine, including thousands of trucks heading to the port.  May be this is an idea, but it just cannot qualify as a "solution".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Né entre les rapides said:

Thus creating a huge traffic choke point on Saint-Antoine, including thousands of trucks heading to the port.  May be this is an idea, but it just cannot qualify as a "solution".

I thought trucks were not allowed in the ville marie tunnel.

• Like 1