Aller au contenu

Station Fairview-Pointe-Claire - Discussion

Messages recommendés

On 2023-10-25 at 9:33 PM, Rocco said:

1970 ➡️ 2023. Idiots have taken over. Pointe-Claire is hopeless.

12280233375_b2dd6e1999_b.jpg

a18877f8ada04a618be582f6c2f838a7054df7ad.jpeg

Screenshot_20231025_213330_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231025_213337_Gallery.jpg

fairview-forest.jpg

I am always reminded that Point-Claire is as far from the downtown core as Mississauga is to Downtown Toronto. Quite a difference. The station should've brought in at least a cluster of 40-50 story condos. 

• Like 1

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • 4 semaines plus tard...

Ok yeah, without some sort of interface, the station is pretty effin far from CF Fairview mall. In a straight line, it's 350 metres from the station entrance doors to the westernmost entrance of the mall; but currently it's a hostile parking lot environment with no walkways or sidewalks, so more like 500 metres – the same distance as Ottawa to Place Bonaventure that has so many bitching about the lack of a GFT station.

IMG_2616.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

Ce n'est pas pareil, entre la rue Ottawa et la gare centrale, on parle de +/- 1 km. Il faut ajouter la distance si tu pars du Vieux ou du joyau de @Rocco🙂

il y'a aussi l'effet de la pente pour monter Robert Bourassa

• D'accord 1

à l’instant, twix a dit :

Et les SDF et toxico qui semblent inexistants à Pointe-Claire. Ça a l'air plus propre aussi.

31 minutes ago, Brick said:

Ce n'est pas pareil, entre la rue Ottawa et la gare centrale, on parle de +/- 1 km. Il faut ajouter la distance si tu pars du Vieux ou du joyau de @Rocco🙂

I'm talking door to door. The door of PB is 500 metres from the eventual door of GFT station (in between William and Ottawa); if I go to Fairview, I don't only go to Simons. What about if I want to reach the Bay or the Keg, at the other end? Add another 300+ metres. But outdoors, the station is a 500 metre walk from the entrance to Fairview, a very similar distance from GFT-BL to the door of PB on St-Antoine.

IMG_2625.thumb.jpeg.5b3194727a52958b5e7d977659804f06.jpeg

31 minutes ago, twix said:

From Ottawa to St-Antoine the elevation change is about 5 metres. I'm sorry that's difficult for some, but I guess in a city where a 200 metre hill is proclaimed to be a "mountain," well, there ya go.