Aller au contenu

Le Village - Projets et nouvelles

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

Pour les permis de bars aussi? Leurs nombres est restreint dans le Village. Si la cie d'assurances à pris tous ce temps pour régler ce dossier, peut on pénaliser le proprio?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

North Eastern Lunch

Manufacturer: Buffalo China

User: North Eastern Lunch, Montreal, Canada

Distributor: The Keates-Mitchell Co., Limited, Montreal

Date of bowl: 1925

Notes: Excerpt from a 1969 interview with Leonard Cohen: "I always loved the people the world used to call mad. I always loved people who were somehow aberrated, who seemed to be aberrated from the alleged normal. I always loved these people. I used to hang out in Philips Square [in Montreal] and talk to those old men and I used to hang out at Northeastern Lunch that was down on Clark Street, or with the junkies. I was only thirteen or fourteen at the time. I never understood why I was down there except that I felt at home, at home with those people."

White body, red and blue pinstripes, blue oval with initials CBC and banner reading The North Eastern Lunch.

Northeastern Lunch était une chaîne? Il y en avait un autre au coin de Bleury

Sur le site d'Archives Montréal

VM98-Y_5P026.jpg

Identifier

P026

Title

Rue Sainte-Catherine, vers l'est, à l'intersection de la rue Bleury

Description

Photographie de la rue Sainte-Catherine, vers l'est, prise à l'intersection de la rue Bleury. À gauche, on aperçoit un panneau-réclame de la bière Frontenac., ainsi que des affiches du Gayety Theatre (devenu Théâtre du Nouveau-Monde) qui propose le spectacle de burlesque The Midnight Maidens. À droite, on voit deux restaurants: Plaza Café et Northeastern Lunch.

Modifié par ScarletCoral

1b0cca8bd84c7db82543671a9a8bd101.jpg

Photograph

Delivery truck, Northeastern Lunch Commissary Dept., Montreal, QC, about 1930

Anonyme - Anonymous

About 1930, 20th century

Silver salts on glass - Gelatin dry plate process

20 x 25 cm

Purchase from Mr. Fritz Arnold

MP-0000.587.23

© McCord Museum

sent via Tapatalk

http://notable.ca/montreals-best-new-restaurant-as-voted-by-you/

And the winner is…

Le Red Tiger.

Was this ever a big race. The votes kept pouring in by the thousands and in the end, Le Red Tiger, a Vietnamese Pub and Restaurant in The Vilage took home the grand prize with 32.8% of your votes. Did someone say beef jerky papaya salad?

Placing a pretty close second with 26% of votes is downtown’s Mexican hotspot Escondite serving up Mexican goodies with a twist as well as delicious house crafted tequilas.

Coming in third place with 8.3% of votes, Soubois deserves a big round of applause for already taking this city by storm.

Below you’ll find a big plate that breaks down all the votes. If you see something you don’t like, let us know in the comments. Or next time we have a poll, don’t be such a lazy glutton and just vote…

results-bestNewRestaurant_mtl

sent via Tapatalk

Red Tiger, je passe souvent devant. Ça a l'air très cool en effet. L'entrée est sur Maisonneuve, mais là où ça se passe c'est sur Montcalm. Il y a une porte de garage transformée en porte vitrée, et le bar est tout le temps animé avec du monde.