Aller au contenu
publicité

Le Roccabella - 40, 40 étages (2018)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

What's funny here is say this is 38 stories -- the CCE is I think 25 stories yet if this rendering is accurate doesn't make like 13 extra floors (yes I know there a different standars for res vs office).

Les étages d'un édifice à bureau sont toujours environ 20% plus haute qu'en tour habitation (plafond suspendus où les services passent).

publicité
According to their website construction starts in 75 days (my prediction of construction starting before xmas was not very accurate)

Mine was also not very accurate even though it was based on what the saleswoman told me. Another proof that the sales people do not know all of what's happening.

Ca explique la nouvelle pancarte qu'ils ont installé tout juste a coté du bureau des ventes de l'avenue, avec les indications vers leurs bureau des ventes plus haut sur de la montagne, pancarte située sur la partie non construite du Roccabella

i am curious to understand who will finance a 50% pre-sold projects, with just 10% deposit,

while banks normally ask for 25% before comitting.

Obviously you can also go with equity only.

The banks don't finance the pre-constructions all at once. There is a breakdown according to construction progress, such as the foundation, the lobby, the roof, etc.

So even though they only have 5-10% value of each unit sold, once the foundation is completed, they will get an extra 5% from the buyers and then another 5-10% for once they reach maximum height which brings the total to a minimum of 20 (usually more).

That being said, it is odd that they can start construction with all the top floors not even open for sale yet and only 40% (rumor) sold for the bottom floors...but again, they do have around 4 years to go before people can move in, so I guess they can manage to sell in that time frame.

What do you think constitute a fast pre-sale for a new construction? I'd say for buildings under 80 units, if they sold 50% 2 years before delivery, they are doing fine. But for those towers with >300 units, they need 60% like 4 years before delivery.