Îlot Balmoral (ONF) - 13 étages (2020)

CFurtado

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 1,3k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Il y a 1 heure, Errol MacDonald a dit :

I think I like the side where the red crevice is dotted with those nice, slim windows. Either way, yes, FrancSoisD, this is probably the most audacious building in Montreal right now and I'm thrilled that it's part of my daily dog-walk. And think how much better Bleury would be on that block if those couple of bad buildings kitty-corner were demolished to make way for a new McCord.

"couple of bad buildings kitty-corner"... you mean, like those lowgrade? (Pun intended, in reference to the corner signage!)

Bleury-Mayor.png

Il y a 8 heures, Errol MacDonald a dit :

I'm not speaking to you anymore right now, but yes, exactly. They deserve obliteration. The site is narrow but deep at the very corner at least and something about a hotdoggery across the street from the new NFB seems very undignified.

Well, to clear the air: i'm not at all upset at you, in spite of the exchange on the other thread. I almost never hold grudges toward people: grudges are quite toxic for human brains.

I find the corner bldg. quite unsightly in this revamped sector, albeit a hotdog stand or fancy resto on its ground floor wouldn't affect that eyesore to my humble eye.

However, the McCord / Musée de Montréal (its future name) is already out of space in a bldg. seemingly with a larger floor plate than these 2 lots could offer. So i wouldn't hold my breath on this spot...

Otherwise, i find it more of a priority to build up the few remaining open-air parking lots and vacant ones. However, i'm convinced these bldgs' turn under the wrecking ball shall come within 10-15 years. ;)

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Errol MacDonald a dit :

I'm too focused on keeping it within a tight radius of the Place des Festivales.

I will completely skip discussing here something that shouldn't spill from another thread.

No matter where we may wish the McCord to be built, or else be nestled within an existing bldg., we just don't get to decide. And it's been discussed in more than one thread on the forum that an announcement from the City shall be made imminently, or at least before the end of December.

So let's at least hope for a great location within a landmark bldg.! :)

Il y a 20 heures, FrancSoisD a dit :

And it's been discussed in more than one thread on the forum that an announcement from the City shall be made imminently, or at least before the end of December.

La situation a changée depuis et il n'y aura pas d'annonce avant plusieurs mois. J'ai écrit un post à cet effet dans le fil dédié au McCord.

Modifié par Normand Hamel
  • Confused 1