Aller au contenu

Humaniti - 39 étages (2021)

vanatox

Messages recommendés

Il y a 2 heures, mtlrdp a dit :

Thank god they didn't tear down the the southam building, it's a real beauty

And thankfully not for a Mosaic-style building 😱

Il y a 2 heures, Ousb a dit :

J’aurais vraiment aimé que Bleury soit beaucoup plus large avec plus de lumière ça aurait été excellent.

En même temps l'effet de canyon qui se rétrécit à partir du Parc Jeanne-Mance est assez saisissant!

• Thanks 1

Le 2019-03-01 à 12:47, budgebandit a dit :

Renders can definitely be composed of elements not discussed or requested by a client, in the hopes that they will decide to proceed with what is being proposed (yes, as I said, elements can be proposed by architects and not requested in the first place. But as I also said, final decisions are taken by clients, and as I had to deal with some real estate developers, they do review renders, they are totally conscious that their sales rely on them a lot. They will want to control everything a future buyer can see or cannot see). Clients will always ask for their project to look as luxurious as possible... while respecting their budget (the budget considerations seem to come later in their minds. Sales are priorities. And  you will notice that renders are always branded as "non-contractual" because they fully know they could not offer what they are actually selling). This is an important nuance that is hardly ever respected. More often than not, it's only once the proposed materials and finishes are costed/estimated that the client begins to realize (they realized that a long way before) that it doesn't make sense to proceed with what is being put forward. 

It's also easy to call someone cheap when it's not your money I guess lol (that is not an argument but a personnal insult I guess?)... Meanwhile, Lemay are the first ones to charge des honoraires supplémentaires if they spend 5 minutes more on a project than they were supposed to... (that is true)

Well in the end, we only have to oppose your general impressions with the informations I've got from the people behind the project who tell me completely otherwise. I'm sorry, but I will have to put a much bigger share of responsibility on the developer. 

Modifié par Marc90
typo
  • Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Decel a dit :

ED8AD206-F676-4357-95E7-D8178E5D4CB3.jpeg

Merci pour cette excellente photo :thumbsup:

Les jeux de volumes commencent déjà à mieux se préciser. La hauteur limitée à 5 niveaux pour la partie la plus basse du Humaniti sur Viger en face de la CDPQ, permet de préserver une vue généreuse sur son voisin, le 425 Viger. Ce dernier édifice est un de mes projets préférés de rénovation-agrandissement à Montréal. Il offrira notamment un intéressant contraste ancien-moderne qui est une des caractéristiques les plus remarquables du Quartier International.

A ce propos le QI aura à mon avis la plus belle densité d'immeubles de qualité (de styles et d'époques variées) de la métropole. Avec son mobilier urbain personnalisé et ses magnifiques places publiques, c'est un excellent exemple de revitalisation urbaine ultra réussi, dont on peut vraiment être fier.:goodvibes:

• Like 4

On 2019-03-02 at 9:18 AM, denpanosekai said:

Pretty amazing to see three distinct architectural eras side-by-side. Southam Building was probably considered a skyscraper in its early days. Mosaique (345 de la gauchetiere) is from 2006 but it might as well be 1986, not my cup of tea.

Agreed about the Mosaïque, it's far too utilitarian and institutional, what I'd describe as the Decarie Interchange of residential design, something you pass by in order to get somewhere else, and hope it will eventually be knocked down. Definitely not as soul-crushing as the 1970s concrete apartment towers of Shaughnessy Village (or the now-demolished Hotel de la Montagne), but not very imaginative either.

On the other hand... The Mosaïque was one of those early 2000s newbuilds that helped jumpstart the Quartier International. with some infill between the Palais des congrès and Place Victoria. I worked right around there from 2000-2008 and day after day saw it all going up, ICAO's east underground parking, the Bank of Canada become the W Hotel, the very nice CDPQ going up, Square Victoria transformed, etc... At the time the Mosaïque was an awesome addition to densify the area, it really stood out. It's only in hindsight that I've changed my perspective about its design, and realize that in fact it was projects like the Unity that helped to define the vibe of the area.

We should all live in the Mosaïques of the world so that the view out our windows would be the Humanitis, CDPQs, Royal Banks and Place Riopelles of the world.      

Modifié par Timothy
  • Like 2