Tour des Canadiens - 50 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I would still love to know what the point of building it here is...I mean as evidenced by the picture above, there are ramshackle buildings and a parking lot RIGHT ACROSS the street.

I know what you mean, but that is what ownership conjugated with air rights will yield in any given city. They dont own the parking lot and their objective is to maximize the value of their investment by leveraging the use of Lucien-Lallier train terminal and the Bell Center proximity. Cadillac Fairview also wanted to harbor the new train station that connected downtown to the airport.

• Administrateur
I would still love to know what the point of building it here is...I mean as evidenced by the picture above, there are ramshackle buildings and a parking lot RIGHT ACROSS the street.

it doesn't work like that.

the ramshackle builidngs across the street belong to the SHDM...the parking lot is divided amongst several obstinate owners (one of which is for sale)...so unrealistic to just try and move a project...development calls for the best possible project on the land you own or could potentially acquire...otherwise the architects on this forum would be much better off if developers could simply take the ownership away from someone else to build a fancy project.

only in communist China ;)

Dernières nouvelles de LeftCoaster sur SSP:

Yes sales will likely start late spring/early summer.

The tower is still balancing precariously between 62 and 42 floors depending on market strength.

Currently the developer would like to move ahead with a 62 floor version but the project is structured in a way that could see it revert for a 42 floor version if the market is not seen as able to absorb enough units.

Let's hope the market can asborb 62 floors. I mean this ought to be a 'signature' residential tower in Montreal: The tallest residential tower ever built here. How can it not attract at least a big chunk of foreign investors?! Montreal real estate market really frightens even the biggest players from ROC. 42 floors is not an option in my book.

En y repensant, je préfèrerais quasiment du 42 étages... Ca rendrait le skyline moins "plate"... Non mais prévisualisez, 4 tours proches, tournant autour de 200m... Ca donne vraiment un skyline plate... Enfin bref, je ne repartirai pas sur le débat des limites de hauteur, mais on voit ce que ca donne... :P