Aller au contenu

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

yup, Kirkland is wrong, but so is Fairview. Last year it was moved east into the shopping mall lot. 

A few interesting tidbits though, assuming the rest is good.

The Sunnybrooke station is shifted over to be next to Boul Gouin, which is much better than the current station randomly stuck behind a residential area. This gives it better access to the commercial street around it as well as the area at Des Sources and Gouin nearby. It also brings it closer to the bus stop, while making a few dozen parking spaces on the other side of the DM station obsolete. 

Gare Sunnybrooke is also shifted over to be near the intersection instead of far inside. It means far better connectivity and hopefully both stations means a future densification of Gouin overall.

What's the deal with the Laval sur le lac gold club? is it doing well? because The Saint-dorothee station is basically in the middle of a residential area, and other than developing the parking lots it has no future densification potential. But if that golf club over shut down, they have the transit connection to justify some pretty huge developments. Especially since there's like, 4 other golf clubs in that area lol.

Modifié par gelu88

28 minutes ago, gelu88 said:

yup, Kirkland is wrong, but so is Fairview. Last year it was moved east into the shopping mall lot. 

A few interesting tidbits though, assuming the rest is good.

The Sunnybrooke station is shifted over to be next to Boul Gouin, which is much better than the current station randomly stuck behind a residential area. This gives it better access to the commercial street around it as well as the area at Des Sources and Gouin nearby. It also brings it closer to the bus stop, while making a few dozen parking spaces on the other side of the DM station obsolete. 

Gare Sunnybrooke is also shifted over to be near the intersection instead of far inside. It means far better connectivity and hopefully both stations means a future densification of Gouin overall.

What's the deal with the Laval sur le lac gold club? is it doing well? because The Saint-dorothee station is basically in the middle of a residential area, and other than developing the parking lots it has no future densification potential. But if that golf club over shut down, they have the transit connection to justify some pretty huge developments. Especially since there's like, 4 other golf clubs in that area lol.

I'm not sure I understand

Sunnybrooke station appears to be exactly where it is now. It's just that the green dot is on sunnybrooke itself and the commuter train symbol is further back. In reality the commuter train station is pretty long since the trains are quite long.

Wish they could add more parking though

4 minutes ago, montrealgoalie said:

I'm not sure I understand

Sunnybrooke station appears to be exactly where it is now. It's just that the green dot is on sunnybrooke itself and the commuter train symbol is further back. In reality the commuter train station is pretty long since the trains are quite long.

Wish they could add more parking though

I'd say they moved it because the dot is right on the intersection of the railway overpass and Boul SUnnybrooke. Wheras the DM platform starts 50m from the road and extends 200m farther east.

If you look at other stations that remain where they are, the dot is right in the middle of the old platform. This leads me to conclude they will shift the station slightly so it's right next to the road.

I'm not saying its a huge shift, but it's a much more optimal location than the old platform. 

11 minutes ago, gelu88 said:

I'd say they moved it because the dot is right on the intersection of the railway overpass and Boul SUnnybrooke. Wheras the DM platform starts 50m from the road and extends 200m farther east.

If you look at other stations that remain where they are, the dot is right in the middle of the old platform. This leads me to conclude they will shift the station slightly so it's right next to the road.

I'm not saying its a huge shift, but it's a much more optimal location than the old platform. 

Hopefully with it being over sunnybrooke then people will stop crossing the boulevard in front of oncoming traffic en masse, and instead just take the stairs down on whichever side of the road they want

• Like 1

Do we have detailed info about station locations? I thought they released a lot of that type of info in 2016?

Also do we know exactly how much parking is going to be at the stations? how much new surface or elevated structures will be built?

Or is all that info still unknown?

il y a 2 minutes, gelu88 a dit :

Also do we know exactly how much parking is going to be at the stations? how much new surface or elevated structures will be built?

That info was scattered through the 2016 documentation, but it may now be outdated. Elevated parking structures were planned for Pointe-Claire and Kirkland, but it's not on the new renders for Kirkland.

3 minutes ago, gelu88 said:

Do we have detailed info about station locations? I thought they released a lot of that type of info in 2016?

Or is all that info still unknown?

They had a map that showed which parts were going to be ground level, overhead and underground. 

I believe they also had another document showing how much parking per station. I'll try to find it again..

Sunnybrooke and Roxboro will definitely be overhead

Dans une des FAQ on indique d'ailleurs:

Le terminus d’autobus et le stationnement incitatif du site de Chevrier seront déplacés au sud de l’autoroute 30, à la station terminale Rive-Sud du REM. La vocation du secteur Chevrier et ses plans d’aménagement futur seront définis avec la Ville de Brossard. Pour cette raison, la station Chevrier n'est pas prévue en phase une du REM.

https://rem.info/fr/FAQ

En souhaitant que, comme pour la Canada Line, d'autres "boîtes" soient laissées sur le parcours pour que d'autres stations éventuelles puissent s'insérer un jour!