Aller au contenu

SSENSE Magasin phare (rénovation)

_FKS_

Messages recommendés

Ca me semble tout de même un lieu inusité, c'est off st-cath ça c'est sûr. Tu tombes pas sur cette boutique de 5 étages (quand même!) par hasard. 

De ce que je vois, ce flagship sera une nette amélioration de ce qu'était SSense rue St Paul qui n'avait rien d'une boutique de luxe, sinon sa marchandise. Je ne suis toujours pas convaincu par le système d'achat en ligne mais j'imagine qu'il y a une nouvelle clientèle pour cela. En tout cas, le concept se tient!

Le restaurant/café à l'intérieur
https://montreal.eater.com/2018/5/3/17315672/le-fantome-ssense-cafe-old-montreal-kabir-kapoor-jason-morris

SSENSE_MTL_Level_5_Cafe_1.jpg

The space has room for 34 people at a bar and on a custom-made communal concrete table. The design comes from David Chipperfield Architects, who worked on the whole store. It’s a very heavy design for a restaurant — while lots of grey concrete and chrome certainly fits with Ssense’s aesthetic, the “brutalism but in 2018” style may work a little better on the fashion side than for a restaurant or café. But you can’t fault the consistency, and mercifully, there’s a large clear roof up above to let light in, and to give a little levity to the whole “dining in a bunker” situation. 

47 minutes ago, ScarletCoral said:

https://montreal.eater.com/2018/5/3/17315672/le-fantome-ssense-cafe-old-montreal-kabir-kapoor-jason-morris

The space has room for 34 people at a bar and on a custom-made communal concrete table. The design comes from David Chipperfield Architects, who worked on the whole store. It’s a very heavy design for a restaurant — while lots of grey concrete and chrome certainly fits with Ssense’s aesthetic, the “brutalism but in 2018” style may work a little better on the fashion side than for a restaurant or café. But you can’t fault the consistency, and mercifully, there’s a large clear roof up above to let light in, and to give a little levity to the whole “dining in a bunker” situation. 

Is it just me or does adding a shatterproof window across the table from wall to wall turn this into a prison inmate / family meeting room.    

• Haha 2

il y a 46 minutes, swansongtoo a dit :

Is it just me or does adding a shatterproof window across the table from wall to wall turn this into a prison inmate / family meeting room.    

L'environnement influence aussi notre perception des saveurs des aliments et notre niveau d'appétit. Les recherches scientifiques recommandent d'utiliser des couleurs qu'on peut retrouver dans les aliments pour rendre les plats plus appétissants, comme les rouges, verts et orangés... La couleur gris béton n'est pas très appétissante ?

12 hours ago, ScarletCoral said:

I have a friend who started working in the restaurant, I'll try to see if she can get me a behind the scenes look to show you all.

• Like 1

Faut aimer le béton brut et les lignes hyper épurées. Je ne trouve aucune poésie dans ces décors rigides, tristes, froids et peu inspirants, que j'associerais à de l'architecture de type carcérale conçue à toutes épreuves. Visuellement on est aux antipodes de la rêverie avec cette réalisation que l'on imaginerait directement sortie de l'esprit d'un état totalitaire. :yikes:

Du moins c'est le sentiment qui me vient spontanément.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1