Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 2,7k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

im just wondering will we be able to see the mariott from mont-royal or the KMPG tower will block it?

In this photo, it will be located in the gap between the Palais de Justice and the KPMG tower: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Montreal_Twilight_Panorama_2006.jpg

You can kind of see a little bit of Complexe Guy-Favreau. This tower will be right next to it!

My guess is that the Spire is not included in the 136 meter height! Glad to see that this tower will be visible from Mont-Royal. I love the new night time rendering. This tower is sleek! Added bonus, the base will be amazing as well!

depends where you look from ... my favorite angle for our skyline is from the jacques-cartier bridge, right at the spot where you have that onramp that goes into the park. from that point of view, it will be very visible, if just a tad small.

now about the spire, going all cataclaw style, i counted the pixels on the only render which shows the full height of the spire as well the street; now, there is a perspective effect to that but more or less you can round off the spire to make up about 10% of the total height. if the 136m includes the spire, that leaves about 122m for 40 storeys, or 3.05m per floor. on the other hand, 136m for just the floors equates to a "healthier" 3.4m per floor. the 400 sherbrooke, which is a very similar project, has about 3.25m per floor. so go figure ! i really hope it isn't included, since that would bring the actual height of the structure to about 150m, which, if actually illuminated and animated (unlike, say, 1250 rene-levesque or the cibc tower), would certainly look nice against the rest of the skyline!

by the way, looking at the wikipedia picture from mount royal, it seems to me that two of the city's oldest tall buildings, the royal bank tower and the alfred building, could both disappear from that view by altitude and the mariott respectively. i think the alfred building stands a better chance, but the royal bank tower looks like a sure goner. if anything's left, altoria will take care of it no doubt! not that i mind though - i just think that it's a little symbolic...

alright that is all. :silly:

my favorite angle for our skyline is from the jacques-cartier bridge, right at the spot where you have that onramp that goes into the park.

:

Right. I have the same ultimate reference.:highfive: