Aller au contenu

Skyline de Montréal ​

Le Fou

Messages recommendés

il y a 6 minutes, Gjm127 a dit :

That hole between the 1000 and PVM makes this the worst skyline vantage point in Montreale. I know I'm stating the obvious... But it pains me that every tourist, all marketing media footage about the city, every Google artifact returns photos from this point of view. It's unfortunate. 

Banque Nationale + 900. Problem solved.

• Réponses 2,6k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Just in case the point about holes and dragons was missed: it was an oblique reference to Hong Kong, where skyscrapers have holes: discover why (it has to do with Feng Shui).

Now I also wrote that Montreal's dragons are much bigger, thus demanding bigger holes, which can only be achieved by not constructing skyscrapers side by side and by leaving broad spaces between them. The reason why dragons are bigger in Montreal dates back to ancient times.  Let me tell you the story.

Long before some East Asian people contemplated the possibility of migrating to the other side of the ocean, cohorts of dragons were sent to explore the land; they discovered that a sort of earth passage existed at the northen edge of the ocean.  Many dragons decided to quickly return to their home base, where they shared the news.  But some preferred to pursue their exploration, first going south, then east, and north again.  Very few were able to go as far as Montreal, where they finally stopped to rest.  Interestingly, they were very pleased with what they saw: vast wilderness and no human being in sight.  A great place to enjoy a leasurely life, eat as much as you want without much effort.  Over time, from generation to generation, they grew taller and bigger, and had no trouble flying wherever they wanted, for the fun of it.  It is "recorded" that eventually they reached a size which was eightfold that of their ancestors. Much later, humans began to appear in the surroundings.  Presumably, they were the descendants of those humans who had reached the continent and had followed a similar path over several generations.  But they were few of them, and their modest constructions did not hinder the free movement of the Big Dragons.  Then came different people, this time from the east.  Initially, and for some 400 hundred years, their buildings did not cause a serious problem, as just a few exhibited a noticeable height, and were set well apart from each other. The place, originally christened as Ville-Marie, and later Montréal, was dubbed aviomicochai (la ville aux mille clochers).  It is only recently that a real threat has emerged, with numerous skyscrapers reaching up to 200 meters proliferating.  Height is not the real problem, as long as sufficient empty space is left in between.  Holes such as in the mother country would not be convenient for us, as we are so much bigger.       

• Like 3