Aller au contenu

Livmore 2 - 46 étages

KOOL

Messages recommendés

Rental market is piping hot in Montreal, the reason for the slowdown is mainly inflation, supply chain issues and costs (20-20-20 rule is also a factor, but targets condo projects more than rentals (more $$ lost)). With 750 Peel and now Livmore 2 starting and let's not forget 1050 DLM, others will be announced (primarily rental, no condo but mix-use). I know of a few projects being worked on as we speak, but we have to consider all factors holistically, along with the city needing to be more developer friendly again so we can get on building, increase supply and it will eventually reduce prices. 

• Like 1

• Réponses 338
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

il y a 33 minutes, Djentmaster001 a dit :

... 20-20-20 rule is also a factor, but targets condo projects more than rentals (more $$ lost)). With 750 Peel and now Livmore 2 starting and let's not forget 1050 DLM...

All the projects you named were presented before the 20-20-20 was effective. 

il y a 8 minutes, Djentmaster001 a dit :

1050 DLM was proposed AFTER the bylaw, by the way (the transaction was August of 2021). By-law came into effect April 1st, 2021 and that was after two years of delays. 

20-20-20 affects both condos' and rentals.

Thanks for the rigor concerning the 1050 but how come do they only have 15 family units  (6%) ? That means they payed the penalty ? 

15 minutes ago, Rocco said:

⬆️ And may I ask why is it slower here?

Just to name a few... Higher taxes, more red-tape, labour shortages, condo market is (and never was) as strong here vs rental market. On top of that, weak dollar, inflation, supply chain issues, war and the city is very slow approving projects. 

Again, gotta look at the big picture, it's not just Plante and Projet Montreal causing the slowdown. The provincial government should also step up and do what I have been seeing in the U.S and Canada, incentivise developing more, but Quebec has always been allergic to big pro business governments, so I do not expect this to change soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Il y a 3 heures, Djentmaster001 a dit :

Just to name a few... Higher taxes, more red-tape, labour shortages, condo market is (and never was) as strong here vs rental market. On top of that, weak dollar, inflation, supply chain issues, war and the city is very slow approving projects. 

Again, gotta look at the big picture, it's not just Plante and Projet Montreal causing the slowdown. The provincial government should also step up and do what I have been seeing in the U.S and Canada, incentivise developing more, but Quebec has always been allergic to big pro business governments, so I do not expect this to change soon. 

Can we know anything about The La Baie Project ?!?

Please 🥹🥹

Thanks in advance !!