Aller au contenu

Fortier

Messages recommendés

30 minutes ago, montreal67 said:

What we know of Prével's proposition looks much better for me. I'm of the opinion that not everything has to be about heights and skylines. Curious to see how the Oakridge project translates at street-level. Looking at the surroundings, such a proposition would work way better for Place Vertu, imho. 

Well I look forward to seeing what the other phases look like.

I'm just not 100% sold on the design.

Il y a 2 heures, Alexcaban a dit :

I know we say this all the time, but I wish we had the same thinking as the developers in the Oakridge project in Vancouver.

This could have really been a great extension of the skyline east wards.

37493-125488.jpg

This would block the view to the bridge and would kind of stick out like a sore thumb. No thanks

13 hours ago, Alexcaban said:

I know we say this all the time, but I wish we had the same thinking as the developers in the Oakridge project in Vancouver.

37493-125488.jpg

This proposition does not create a walk-able city at all. I prefer Prevel's version much more. 

Il y a 13 heures, Alexcaban a dit :

37493-125488.jpg

Something as exciting as this ? With curves and height ? Hell no 😌...  

Il y a 13 heures, IluvMTL a dit :

The unusual thing about this phase is that it already looks like it is part of a neighbourhood. Sort of a "clef en main". It looks like it was always there. The opposite of a cold environment. It looks like a place where it is ok to speak to strangers and you know your neighbours and watch out for them. Not what you'd expect so close to downtown.

There are also many 'points de reperes' or 'clins d'oeil' to Montreal architecture that lend to a feeling of familarity. Kind of shocking in a way since we are not used to seeing a new development handled this way.   Maybe the architect followed more of a form-based code philosphy rather than the traditional one we see over and over that spits out cookie-cutter development. Something new or different is happening here. This is quite a departure from what we are used to seeing in large lots.  No big black basic cereal boxes, of similar height or girth, with similarly treated skins, bundled together. Hard to name them or tell which is which or what phase...

These buildings are distinct from each other in many ways, as if they were built by different architects and at different times. This  variety will be a treat for the eye. It also adds to the warmth we will mostly probably feel as we shop or linger in the commercial spaces. The distinctiveness also speaks of their functions. Each has its own identity and personality.

The new pedestrian street is not an afterthought or a mere copy/paste, surrounded by towers making their looming presence felt. The placette is joined at the hip to Sainte-Catherine Street offering a million dollar view of the bridge and contributing to the renaissance of the artery east of the bridge. A win win. And the street furniture and layout looks so inviting! 

This phase looks like it will really score high points on a human scale level. It will be interesting to see if they can carry this forward into the remaining phases which are also supposed to be different from each other. What a treat for new buyers! You can invest in a home that you feel comfortable with, one that you feel resembles your personality or lifestyle. 

Je suis tout à fait d'accord avec ton point de vue. Ici Prével présente un projet qui s'intègre naturellement au milieu, en reprenant certaines des composantes architecturales qui définissent déjà le quartier et la ville. Tout cela sans pour autant priver ces nouveaux espaces des meilleures caractéristiques d'un quartier neuf et contemporain.

La preuve que ce projet dans sa forme actuelle répond véritablement aux attentes de la population, est que la demande dépasse déjà largement l'offre et que Prével devra fort probablement accélérer les autres phases de cet immense chantier, si longtemps attendu dans le milieu.

C'est tout l'est qui profitera de ce développement et la ville par surcroit, avec une démographie en croissance et une économie dynamisée. Donc au lieu de construire en rupture avec le bâti existant, on a choisi de développer une version moderne d'un environnement urbain qui a déjà fait ses preuves.

A mon avis une formule gagnante qui j'espère aura une influence positive sur les autres grands sites à développer que sont la SRC et Molson. Ce qui ne veut pas dire de ne pas chercher à innover ni à tuer l'audace architecturale en mélangeant l'ancien et le moderne, mais plutôt de rechercher un point d'équilibre entre les deux.

• Like 4