Aller au contenu

Holiday Inn Montréal Centre-Ville - 37 étages (2017)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Looks like window walls rather than curtain walls (like on Icone, Rocca, Avenue etc). A lot cheaper but weaker insulation and a lot more risk of leaks and issues down the line. Basically similar to all those cookie cutter cheaply made condos popping up everywhere in To and Van.

On the upside, I really dig the colours they picked for the glass, very classy.

Looks like window walls rather than curtain walls (like on Icone, Rocca, Avenue etc). A lot cheaper but weaker insulation and a lot more risk of leaks and issues down the line. Basically similar to all those cookie cutter cheaply made condos popping up everywhere in To and Van.

On the upside, I really dig the colours they picked for the glass, very classy.

les hôtels utilisent les curtain walls, normalement.

Normalement oui tu as raison, mais dans ce cas je pense bien qu'il s'agit de window walls. Regarde les attaches intégrées aux planchers, on dirait vraiment qu'il y aura une section de béton apparente entre chaque fenestration d'étage. Window wall.

Hope I'm wrong. We'll know in a few days either way.

Looks like window walls rather than curtain walls (like on Icone, Rocca, Avenue etc). A lot cheaper but weaker insulation and a lot more risk of leaks and issues down the line

I’m not sure who you are purchasing your windows from, but we’ve used both and I’ve generally paid slightly less for run of the mill curtain-walls than window-walls. Some reasons window-walls are used in condos are that they have better (predictable) acoustical performance and easier long term maintenance (ex: windows panes are replaceable from the interior).

Of course there are exceptions for curtain-walls with very long spans, or unusually high number of openers… but I'm talking averages…

Modifié par Formica