Aller au contenu

Holiday Inn Montréal Centre-Ville - 37 étages (2017)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

I don't think Montreal is a 3-star hotel city... I just think when you look at the hotels that were closed recently, Four Points, Courtyard, Holiday Inn, that's where there's an opportunity to build new ones. Montreal also had a shortage of "premium-two and three-star" brands such as Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hampton pop up soon (we know there was a Homewood proposed for de la Montagne which fell through). Also, the Holiday Inn Express/Candlewood Suite twins near Chinatown are becoming outdated and will either need to be refreshed or converted to a different use.

While Toronto has built a few luxury hotels in recent years, they also built a number of Residence Inn/Hilton Garden Inn/Courtyard type properties. These are key brands for the average tourist (good price/quality ratio). A lot of business travelers would also prefer a brand new Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn to an outdated 4-star. I know I would, in most cases.

Montreal recently opened the Westin on Saint-Antoine, will see a Renaissance on University/Cathcart in 2015, and we know there is the potential for a JW Marriott or Waldorf Astoria at some point. We have a relatively high number of boutique hotels (throughout Old Montreal + Le Germain). We have a W hotel which does really well - something Toronto still does not have.

So my opinion is that this is a refreshing of the stock rather than a sign of what Montreal can support. Montreal as a hotel market has a pretty healthy distribution of luxury (Ritz, Sofitel, Loews, Boutique Hotels, Le Germain, W Hotel) 4-star/conference hotels (Intercontinental, Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton, Delta, Omni), 3-star all-purpose hotels (Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Novotel), and 2-star (Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites). For a while, I think Montreal was missing the next-generation of 3-stars and now we're filling that need... there was too wide a gap between luxury and 2-star.

Hilton is launching a new brand, "Canopy" in 2015 and I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal is among the first Canadian openings (pure speculation). http://news.hiltonworldwide.com/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/27567

Hilton is launching a new brand, "Canopy" in 2015 and I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal is among the first Canadian openings (pure speculation). http://news.hiltonworldwide.com/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/27567

This sounds like a relaunch of the avorted Denizen brand they wanted to launch in 2009 (prior to lawsuit from Starwood) and which was planned for Montreal

This sounds like a relaunch of the avorted Denizen brand they wanted to launch in 2009 (prior to lawsuit from Starwood) and which was planned for Montreal

It might be a good fit for Griffintown.

Also - It's not unreasonable to expect that either Marriott or Hilton would be interested in a new-build property for Montreal. Both the Marriott Chateau Champlain and the Hilton Bonaventure are "sub-optimal" properties for these brands. The Chateau Champlain is a bit of a landmark and recently underwent some room renovations, but it's still relatively dated inside, especially with regards to the size of the bathrooms, common areas, pool area, lobby. There is potential here, but they may be limited within the bones of that building. As for the Hilton Bonaventure, this is another unique property that I don't think allows Hilton to showcase its latest and greatest.

J'aime bien l'allure de l'édifice. Des édifices revêtus de verre, Montréal n'en a pas assez , je suis tanné des revêtements cheap de béton préfabriqué couleur pierre tombale qu'on retrouve beaucoup trop dans la métropole. C'est quand on visite Chicago, Dallas, Miami ou Toronto qu' on se rend compte que notre centre-ville aurait avantage a favoriser le verre. Cette nouvelle addition va aussi nous débarrasser de ces immenses terrains vacants qui défigurent ce coin stratégique du centre-ville.

A tall, glassy building in this part of town is very welcome. So much drab pre-fab like the Garden Inn on Sherbrooke or C-Lofts. For a Holiday Inn, this is a sexy building.

Have you seen some of the budget and mid-tier hotel brands being built in NYC these last few years?? Yikes.

This being Canvar, I am confident it's as good as built!

I can't agree more with you guys! :highfive: And i sure hope the glass elements won't be replaced by a concrete (either the bldg. base or any walls) by way of a redesign being forced by the city.

If i remember well, Canvar's renderings were quite like what we got for the Hilton Garden Inn and the Marriott / V, so i.'m not too affraid. :goodvibes:

Modifié par FrancSoisD
Addition of an element.