Aller au contenu
publicité

AC Hotel - 34 étages (2017)

GDS

Messages recommendés

The city of Mtl had slightly less than 29,000 new inhabitants from 2006 to 2011, which amounts to approximately 5700 per year. The Mtl Island gained 32,000 (6400 / yr), while the Metropolitan Census Region gained 190,000 (38,000 / yr). So, it is clear people still opt in droves for the burbs, because of both the generalized weak salary increases while housing prices has been fueled by speculation now in all of the "central boroughs". A second factor may quite be the appeal of a car-centered lifestyle, all the while public transit hasn't improved much overall for the past decades. Short-sighted provincial politics are to blame, especially for the latter.

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_pageid=6897,67887840&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

According to the last census, Greater Montreal gained about 300,000 population from 2006-11 (that is approximately 60,000 a year). The downtown core, which is the area we are talking about, has been described to me by real-estate professionals as a micro-demographic climate; the general rules of the island do not apply there and the demand is hot. And it does appear that many of those moving in re coming in from the burbs, including retirees. Also as far as urban public transportation is concerned, Montreal is ranked as the best in Canada. I guess therefore that, by your comment, we have to assume that that is thanks to the provincial government.

publicité
  • Réponses 1k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

According to the last census, Greater Montreal gained about 300,000 population from 2006-11 (that is approximately 60,000 a year). The downtown core, which is the area we are talking about, has been described to me by real-estate professionals as a micro-demographic climate; the general rules of the island do not apply there and the demand is hot. And it does appear that many of those moving in re coming in from the burbs, including retirees. Also as far as urban public transportation is concerned, Montreal is ranked as the best in Canada. I guess therefore that, by your comment, we have to assume that that is thanks to the provincial government.

mont royal, where's your 300,000 number from? Haven't you checked out the link to Stat Can's figures in my above comment? (Statistique Québec says more or less the same thing.)

And well, if Mtl has the best collective transit system in Canada, with the Green and Orange metro lines plus the Hudson-Mtl commuter train line facing lenghtier daily "over-capacity" periods during rush hours, every year since... decades (!), i definitely would't ever want to live in any other Canadian city if (i were to have to use public transit 5 days/week)... :thumbsdown:

My comment should have read more precisely that the Quebec govt has systematically under-funded Mtl's public transit networks since the '80's, especially the metro system's development and maintenance (hence the frequent failures of rolling stock), forcing the STM to jack up prices 200% in juste over a decade. (!) But you're absolutely right to point out most infrastructure and maintenance investments (and subsequent drastic cuts) were mainly done by the successive provincial govts, while the CMM contributes approximately half those amounts (or less, though its contribution percentage is increasing to compensate the provincial govt divestment)...

Modifié par FrancSoisD
Typos

• 4 semaines plus tard...

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_pageid=5798,85931607&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

CE du 15 AVRIL 2015

20.033 Immeuble -Aliénation CE Service de la gestion et de la planification immobilière 1156037003

Autoriser l'entreprise 9307-3146 Québec inc. à entamer des travaux de préparation du sol et d'excavation pour la construction d'un bâtiment à vocation résidentielle et commerciale sur un terrain appartenant à la Ville, lequel est situé au quadrant sud-ouest de la rue Jeanne-Mance et du boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, dans l'arrondissement de Ville-Marie

Compétence d’agglomération : Annexe du décret -Aménagement et réaménagement du domaine public, y compris les travaux d'infrastructures, dans un secteur de l'agglomération désigné comme le centre-ville

sent via Tapatalk

Modifié par SkahHigh

• 2 semaines plus tard...