Aller au contenu
publicité

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

I think it's time to get rid of our veterans and start over.

I agree. But Gainey must go before that dream can come true. Remember. This is Gainey's team. He did not even trade because he was happy with the team he had in front of him.:mad:

publicité

On paper this team should be 1st in the East and a strong Stanley Cup contender if not a favorite pick to win the cup outright.

In reality.. the team is struggling and fighting to remain in a playoff spot, a prospect which is fading with every loss.

Truly is sad.

5-2 against the Laffs.

5 losses in a row.

I'll always be a Habs fan, but at the present this team sucks.

Correction, this team fucking sucks.

I don't blame Carbo, i don't blame Gainey, i blame the players.

j'étais au centre bell... une rangée de fans des leafs juste devant nous, on s'échange des petits commentaires au début... et paf 4-0... on s'est fermé la gueule après hheheheheh

les leafs jouaient mal, les canadiens encore pire... bravo, quelle honte.

5-2 against the Laffs.

5 losses in a row.

I'll always be a Habs fan, but at the present this team sucks.

Correction, this team fucking sucks.

I don't blame Carbo, i don't blame Gainey, i blame the players.

Absolutely in agreement. Take a team like the St. Louis Blues, who have been decimated by injury this season, and who are still playing their hearts out to try and make the playoffs. I would rather have their lineup at this point, than ours. It is a sorry sight to watch the Habs, of late. They will always be my team, but this is getting to the point of embarrassment. What bothers me even more, is their relentless marketing of the 100th anniversary. Make a shirt for 30 cents, slap a "100e" logo on it and charge 40 bucks. What's even worse is that they fly off the shelf. With profit like that, (not to mention selling-out every game) what is the real motivation on the part of the management to put a winning team on the ice?

Montreal Canadiens owner George Gillett is considering putting the team up for sale, La Presse reported on Monday.

Citing Canadiens president Pierre Boivin as its source, the Montreal newspaper reports that Gillett has hired BMO Capital Markets to examine the American businessman's options for selling his various assets, including the NHL team and its arena, the Bell Centre.

Gillett, 70, is also a co-owner of English Premier League soccer club Liverpool FC, as well as a NASCAR team.

Among the options being considered are financial restructuring, bringing in new investors or selling assets outright.

"The process has been started but we're only at the beginning," La Presse quoted Boivin as saying.

"We're not hiding it; we're going through a very difficult economic period," he added.

The Canadiens, who are celebrating their centennial season, were valued by Forbes in October at $334 million US — third highest in the NHL behind the Toronto Maple Leafs ($448 million) and New York Rangers ($411 million).

Gillett bought the team in 2001 for $181 million.

A La Presse report in November quoted Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie as saying the Canadiens were for sale.

The story was quickly denied by both Gillett and Balsillie, the co-CEO of Research in Motion, the Waterloo, Ont.-based maker of the BlackBerry.

Balsillie has made several attempts to buy an NHL team, including the Nashville Predators and Pittsburgh Penguins, raising speculation that he would then move it to the southern Ontario region.

(Courtesy of CBC News)

:stirthepot: