Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 2,7k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

I don't need to see any more to know that I'm gonna freaking LOVE this building when it is complete. It has a wonderful, unique design and it helps extend the R-L canyon! I love its location!

I'm in love....I just think it is a bit too close to the street. I personally like seeing buildings set back from the street a bit but that's just me....

Yes it's just you :-) I like the New York style: rising up from the sidewalk.

Yes it's just you :-) I like the New York style: rising up from the sidewalk.

I agree as well; the New York style is better for dense cities. Towers that are set back from the street like in Toronto and Chicago are uninviting to passers-by. They don't contribute to the life of the street with ground floor malls or boutiques. They are made to be looked at, not entered from the street.

The sidewalks of Midtown Manhattan are alive in large part because the ground floors of tall buildings are bustling with activity. We cannot say the same of the financial district of Toronto, where the streets are way emptier than in New York and often even Montreal. Without ground-floor activity, people prefer to take taxis/subways/private cars directly to work without stopping in shops or restaurants on the street. This makes for a pretty bleak downtown (and big-city life in general), where skylines are appreciated from the highway but not experienced close-up.

We may not have the biggest banks or the tallest towers, but one thing we do have in Montreal, more than in any Canadian city, is great street-life, both downtown and uptown. We need to consolidate this advantage, because it's probably one of our greatest attributes for attracting companies to the city. People move to Manhattan for the experience, not just the job.

Oui, ça fera le lien avec le centre-ville, ce coin était assez désolant (à part SNC-Lavalin), rien que des tours moches de 15 à 25 étages entre Beaver Hall et Bleury... et ça inclut l'ancien siège social d'Air Canada. :yikes:

Oui, ça fera le lien avec le centre-ville, ce coin était assez désolant (à part SNC-Lavalin), rien que des tours moches de 15 à 25 étages entre Beaver Hall et Bleury... et ça inclut l'ancien siège social d'Air Canada. :yikes:

Point Zero Hotel et Suites - 400-420 René-Lévesque Ouest - Hotel Centre-Ville

http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthread.php/19626-Point-Zero-Hotel-et-Suites-400-420-René-Lévesque-Ouest-Hotel-Centre-Ville/page7

5684936_orig.jpg