Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

in fact we currently have 7 buildings of 120m or more that are currently proposed, approved or under construction!! (Altitude, Altoria, Marriott, Square Phillips, Place University, Cité phase II, Hilton)

I think you might be a little too optimistic about this. If we use average heights (ie: Garden Inn 119meters for 37 floors) I don't see how Altitude and Altoria will top 120 meters! I expect them to be in the 110 meter range!

• Réponses 2,7k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Indeed. Both the numbers for Altitude and Altoria are official ones, and only the Marriott is somewhat unsure.

I think the Altitude numbers came from the developer and the the Altoria ones came from the avis de dérogation poster or something like that. If you read back in the threads you'll surely find it.

Let's not forget that both Altitude and Altoria are more upscale than the Hilton Garden Inn, especially the Altitude. We can expect higher ceilings for such a luxury building.

habsfan's got a point though; the numbers may seem to be official, but when you look at the renders, it's hard to believe that this:

altitudecondosmontreal.jpg

will somehow be taller than this:

T37769_Ext1_j.jpg

then again, it may just be a matter of perspective. let's not forget that the altitude has a decorative "spire" element on trop, which seems to be at least two floors high; you could then think that the top floor portion of the tower will more in the ~115m range ...

as for views, altitude will be blocked off my the pvm on alot of angles, although it should be visible from the mountain. same for mariott, depending on height. here's a crude rendering of what it might look like:

towersq.jpg

as you can see, not much of a dent in our skyline ... however, the mariott could stand out quite a bit when viewed from the east, esp. south-eastern spots such as champ-de-mars / city hall. altitude could add to the feeling of density from that vantage point as well. in either case, if all three go up at the same time, we will have a few very high cranes up amongst our 'skyscrapers', which i find always tends to create the impression of a dynamic, booming town! ;)

Modifié par pedepy

pedepy: if you examine the floor heights of neighboring buildings in both cases, you can see that the Altitude has higher ceilings. The building's geometry also contributes to the angle/illusion. It seem shorter but i'm fairly certain it will be 123m as posted.

Thanks for the rendering pedepy. true that from the mountain, these two towers will not make much of a "dent" in our slyline, but I don't care...at least we are getting some construction in the city, and they are above 30 floors.

One thing is for certain, all three towers (Altoria, Altitude and marriott) will have a significant impact on the skyline when viewed from the J-C Bridge.

At some point in the future, I hope we will see a couple of 150m+ towers go up. Those will definately have a bigger impact on the skyline!

Modifié par Habsfan

En effet Habsfan, du pont JC, ce sera assez magnifique. C'est d'ailleurs la vue que je préfère, depuis longtemps. Le trip, ça sera de passer là quand les trois grues et les "squelettes" des tours seront bien visibles. Ça vaudra le coup de prendre des photos à ce moment. On aura l'impression de vivre dans une "boomtown".:)