Aller au contenu
publicité

Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Rive-Sud

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

11 hours ago, Rocco said:

These pics are in the middle of the forest or in a deserted area. On my pic we are on Promenade Smith, next to apartment buildings in the middle of the city. Please compare apple to apples! Yes, CDPQi could have uped the ante considering the location. Jesus Christ, we aint in the middle of the countryside where no one cares!!! 

Most of us are too young to remember the catenaries that used to exist along that segment. The old gates were still in place before they got removed as part of the REM project. I honestly like the poles chosen for the segment right before Gare Centrale. They have way more style than the simple I beams we got for the rest of the network. Their industrial look is somewhat of a callback to those old gates I just mentioned. I think that they are appropriate given the history of the area. I just wish they had made a bit more effort for the rest of the network.

I'm honestly tired of this dead horse of an argument. There once were catenaries all the way to Turcot along the south alignment, and all the way to St. Eustache-sur-le-Lac and Montreal North. CN in fact had electric locomotives that it used on the island which goes to show how deceptive it is being when it says that it does not want catenaries on its rail lines because of safety issues for its workers. Montreal had a significant amount of street car right of way, with some going all the way to Lachine, Verdun, Montreal North, Montreal East Cartierville and Pointe-de-l'Île. I don't think that anyone making that argument relises just how many kilometers of catenaries used to exist in Montreal.

• Like 2

• 2 semaines plus tard...
publicité
il y a 56 minutes, ComradeMark a dit :

The reply wasn't mentioning rolling stock. You were complaining about the catenary system being "not pretty", while most of the world also uses the same damn thing. Rolling stock wasn't even a topic...

gros-plan-oeillere.jpg

• Haha 1