Aller au contenu

Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Rive-Sud

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Le 2022-12-03 à 19:52, Enalung a dit :

Il faudrait qu'ils plantent des rosiers arbustif dans cette pente, tout ce qui a des épines, qui s'enchevêtre et pousse très dense et serré. Il a plusieurs années de cela, Sherbrooke avait installé une cloture décorative au centre de la King pour empêcher les gens de traverser entre les intersections, et ça n'a rien changé. Un peu plus tard, ils ont planté des rosiers, et depuis, les gens contournent.

Merci, excellente suggestion!

il y a 5 minutes, Rocco a dit :

Courbe.

20221205_153038.jpg

Courbe, grue et pompe à béton.

Il y a 1 heure, Rocco a dit :

J'ai eu la chance de croiser une rame de 2 wagons en fonction à vitesse assez rapide. Ça scritche en ta.... Ça va chialer chez les riverains.

20221207_105341.jpg

Pourtant dans ce secteur c’est pas mal en ligne droite. C’est pas là où je me serais attendu à ce genre de bruit. Ce crissement est-ce que ça proviendrait du freinage ?

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

J'ai eu la chance de croiser une rame de 2 wagons en fonction à vitesse assez rapide. Ça scritche en ta.... Ça va chialer chez les riverains.

20221207_105341.jpg

I’ve said this and been shot down. Not just the screeching, even just the general noise. It’s normal, but it’s loud. Imagine Mr and Mrs Wickenheiser in TMR with one of those going by every 2½ minutes in each direction from 5h00 to 1h00…

2 hours ago, champdemars said:

Ce crissement est-ce que ça proviendrait du freinage ?

Le rayon des courbes dans les aiguillages est plus serré que les bogeys ne peuvent négocier sans scritcher.

Yep not much of a screeching than a loud "vrrrrrrrrrrrrr" like a rolling stock (which it is) metal on metal. It just resonates in the vincinity. Almost like a plane but less hard. At every 3 mins this will be a nightmare for those living right in front. I think of those poor Gen Yers living in those high rise along Promenade Smith. Good luck!

P.S: I thank god they scrapped the René-Lévesque line. It would have been not only a visual nightmare but a sound disaster. Imagine that reverberating along the buildings in the R-L canyon like a ping-pong match. Hell on earth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Il y a 4 heures, Rocco a dit :

P.S: I thank god they scrapped the René-Lévesque line. It would have been not only a visual nightmare but a sound disaster. 

J'en connais un qui est devenu NIMBY et qui votera Valérie en 2025. :silly:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Again, I’m at a loss as to why they didn’t use a low-vibration track system instead of a traditional ballasted sleeper system on this nearly-centenary structure.

That type of system was used by the Crossrail project for a section of track that ran under a concert hall. They basically built a slab track and raised it off the tunnel bottom using a series of tensioned springs. The concrete that they used is a very special mix that is very dense. It is heavy and expensive. Weight could be an issue on a structure that old, and I'm certain that CDPQ wasn't willing to spend that kind of money. The most that CDPQ could realistically have done is put rubber pads under the rails to somewhat isolate them from the rest of the structure. They used a more standard slab track system, or ballast for the rest of the project. Take a guess why.