Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

publicité
Nothing is going to change?

I'm from NJ. What makes Montreal so entrancing to me isn't these mega-projects or building statistics; hell, if I wanted that, I could just take the train in to Manhattan, as I did every weekend back in the US. Montreal's beauty lies in the fact that the people here are wonderful; the city glows with a sort of vibrancy that is INCREDIBLY rare.

If you want to see incredibly swift, impressive development, you can always visit Toronto. Would you ever even consider living there, though?

Through all the bureaucratic bullshit, Montreal maintains a quality of life that is indescribable and that cannot be replicated anywhere else, no matter how many cranes you have towering over the skyline.

We need somebody like you (especially coming from the US -btw, are you American? ), somebody that choosed to live here to help us see the city for what it really is. I totally agree with you. We could have more tall buildings, we could have a frenzy of investments in the city (I wouldn't mind !!) but not to the cost of losing our soul !!

We need somebody like you (especially coming from the US -btw, are you American? ), somebody that choosed to live here to help us see the city for what it really is. I totally agree with you. We could have more tall buildings, we could have a frenzy of investments in the city (I wouldn't mind !!) but not to the cost of losing our soul !!

I was afraid I was sounding like I was ranting; reading this made my day.

Yes, I'm American. As soon as I came to Montreal, I fell in love with the place. Without a doubt, I intend to stay here after graduating. I don't doubt that the city will do well in the future; no matter whatever the coming economic cycles hold for Montreal, though, the quality of life here will still be incomparable.

And, of course, I wouldn't object to a couple more skyscrapers.

Voici un article sur ce projet:

http://www.lavoixpop.com/article-183960-Hopital-prive-a-Griffintown.html

Il semblerait que les 2 tours (ou au moins une d'entre elle) seraient construites sur les terrains que Devimco prévoyait pour son hôtel d'une trentaine d'étage et pour la salle de spectacle. Est-ce que je me trompe?

I was afraid I was sounding like I was ranting; reading this made my day.

Yes, I'm American. As soon as I came to Montreal, I fell in love with the place. Without a doubt, I intend to stay here after graduating. I don't doubt that the city will do well in the future; no matter whatever the coming economic cycles hold for Montreal, though, the quality of life here will still be incomparable.

And, of course, I wouldn't object to a couple more skyscrapers.

De la manière que tu parles, on dirait que tu es ici depuis peu de temps. Puis-je te demander comment tu-as appris le français ? Ou si tu le savais déjà ?

Il semblerait que les 2 tours (ou au moins une d'entre elle) seraient construites sur les terrains que Devimco prévoyait pour son hôtel d'une trentaine d'étage et pour la salle de spectacle. Est-ce que je me trompe?

Non on dirait effectivement que ça sera le cas. Les gens se plaignaient que 30 étages pour un hôtel, c'était trop dans ce coin là. J'ai bien hâte de voir ce qu'ils diront pour 60 étages haha !

2271737688_5734b76826_o.png

Picture! Picture!

Image ! Image !

jjjjtm1.jpg

source: Aerial rendering - Village Griffintown

Don't know if I'm allowed ? But could help myself

A hotel of 32 stories overlooking Lachine Canal is perfect height for that area.

Plan: http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/pdf/griffintownplan.pdf

planrl5.png

Non on dirait effectivement que ça sera le cas. Les gens se plaignaient que 30 étages pour un hôtel, c'était trop dans ce coin là. J'ai bien hâte de voir ce qu'ils diront pour 60 étages haha !

...ce qu'il diront pour 120 étages, quand on y pense! :rolleyes:

(j'aurais jamais crû avoir l'occasion d'écrire "120 étages" dans une discussion sur Montréal...)

De la manière que tu parles, on dirait que tu es ici depuis peu de temps. Puis-je te demander comment tu-as appris le français ? Ou si tu le savais déjà ?

Oui, je ne suis qu'ici depuis l'août, 2006. J'étudiais le français un peu pendant l'école secondaire, mais pour apprendre les expressions idiomatiques et l'accent québécois, je regarde les téléromans et les clips têtes à claques. Par conséquent, mon français est assez inintelligible.

Comme un anglophone, c'est bien difficile à améliorer le français. Tout le monde d'ici est pafaitement bilingue; dès que je fais une erreur grammaticale, on passe l'anglais.