Aller au contenu
publicité

Le Roccabella - 40, 40 étages (2018)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

Invité Olivier2160
My understanding is that each tower of this project is going to be its own phase. Do you know if the underground parking/podium for the second tower wil be constructed as part of the first phase, or will they leave that portion of the site empty until phase 2?

Welcome/Bienvenue jdrinboston !!! I just love Boston and hopefully, things are getting better for you guys over there !!

To answer your question, the underground parking/podium of both phases will be built at the same time. I assume the second tower will rise up once the fisrt tower is almost done, if sales are good of course. You'll notice a few other big projets along René Lévesque boulevard coming soon (YUL, Babylone, Martimimes, Icône)

publicité

Welcome here jdrinboston ! Hope your city will recover very fast even if it's impossible to forget the horrible things that just happened.

I love Boston and our two cities have a lot in common because yours is the most «european» one in the States, sadly we now both have terrorists within our walls and like Bostonians, we have horrible elevated highways (at least you got rid of the infamous John F. Fitzgerald Expressway and we're still stuck with the Turcot Interchange). Last but not least, we have a great rivalry in hockey...and buildings.

Emporis standings

#....City..........Population....Area size...Buildings....Number of points

65...Montréal...1,649,515.....365 km².....476..........1,809

66...Boston......625,087 ......125 km²......239..........1,786

Points per Building

12 - 19 Floors = 1 Point

20 - 29 Floors = 5 Points

30 - 39 Floors = 25 Points

40 - 49 Floors = 50 Point

50 - 59 Floors = 100 Points

60 - 69 Floors = 200 Points

70 - 79 Floors = 300 Points

80 - 89 Floors = 400 Points

90 - 99 Floors = 500 Points

100 or more Floors = 600 Points

67 Madrid 3,265,038 606 km² 1,121 1,776

Modifié par KOOL

Welcome/Bienvenue jdrinboston !!! I just love Boston and hopefully, things are getting better for you guys over there !!

To answer your question, the underground parking/podium of both phases will be built at the same time. I assume the second tower will rise up once the fisrt tower is almost done, if sales are good of course. You'll notice a few other big projets along René Lévesque boulevard coming soon (YUL, Babylone, Martimimes, Icône)

Thank you/Merci Olivier2160 for the kind words! Things are slowly getting back to normal around here and they are slowly beginning to reopen the affected areas back to businesses and residents. Boylston Street is one of our great "Mains," and I can only hope that it will return that way as the healing process progresses.

It's exciting to see the new developments occurring in Montreal. They mostly seem to be residential and I'm curious if you or anyone can talk about what's driving these developments. My limited understanding of the housing market in Quebec and Canada is that it is largely soft, much like the US market. (Though we have started to rebound). However, the Canadian cities like Montreal (and Toronto/Vancouver) seem to be booming with condo developments. Is there really that much demand for these condos? Also, is there a reason why these are condo developments and not rental? (Boston is going through a bit of a rental boom at the moment, which was said to have been caused by the tight mortgage market)

Also, I apologize for writing in English. My French is embarassingly limited, but I intend to change that.

Good morning all. Longtime lurker and first time poster. I'm actually from Boston, but love Montreal.

My understanding is that each tower of this project is going to be its own phase. Do you know if the underground parking/podium for the second tower wil be constructed as part of the first phase, or will they leave that portion of the site empty until phase 2?

Thanks!

Bienvenue jdr!

Been in Boston last year and going back next friday with my daughter who will be participating in a music Competition called Festival of Music.

I hear the Aquarium is closed this time around for renovations? Too bad. I won't have too much time to myself, so I won't be visiting small places out of the ordinary, but if you have good recommendations, I'll certainly take notice!

I guess you came in Montreal before? Your favorite attraction/place/bar/whatever?

Another thing: what is the real estate situation like in Boston? How many high-rises in construction right now? Comparable to Montreal or better?

Thanks!:D

Bienvenue jdr!

Been in Boston last year and going back next friday with my daughter who will be participating in a music Competition called Festival of Music.

I hear the Aquarium is closed this time around for renovations? Too bad. I won't have too much time to myself, so I won't be visiting small places out of the ordinary, but if you have good recommendations, I'll certainly take notice!

I guess you came in Montreal before? Your favorite attraction/place/bar/whatever?

Another thing: what is the real estate situation like in Boston? How many high-rises in construction right now? Comparable to Montreal or better?

Thanks!:D

Hi MtlMan

I'll try to keep this brief so I don't derail the conversation away from Rocabella.

The aquarium's main exhibit is closed for renovation. The rest of the facility is open, but that is indeed the main event, so you may want to hold off. The Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum just finished major renovations/expansions over the past year, so if you like art, those would be good bets. The Red Sox are also in town, so if you're looking for an authentic "American" sporting experience, you can't go wrong there.

We are going through a bit of a boom here, but it is mostly rental apartments. We have three rental high-rises going on right now downtown - ranging in height from 290 ft to 340 ft (apologies, I don't know the metric equivalent) Another project is just starting on Stuart Street. We have a 15-story condo project wrapping up in the city's old "Combat Zone" red-light district, which has since gentrified signfiicantly. Meanwhile, construction is about to begin on the 625-foot Millennium Tower, which will be part of the redevelopment of the old Filene's department store in downtown crossing. There are also some smaller projects being built in the up and coming "Seaport/Innovation District." The buildings here are capped at 200-feet because they are almost directly on line with one of Logan Airport's runways.

I came to Montreal for the first time in February and was left with an overwhelmingly positive impression. I'm someone who generally loves walking through cities and looking at buildings and their interactions with streets and people. I could spend two whole days walking through Vieux Montreal if I had the time. I am also a transportation junkie, so I could spend another couple of days riding your Metro. I'm planning on coming back later this summer or in September so we can enjoy the city more in the warmer weather. In terms of bars/restaurants, we planned our last trip very poorly and struggled to find places to eat. (I know they are plenty of great restaurants in Montreal, I think we stayed in a poorly located hotel and kept walking in the wrong directions). Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

Merci for taking the time to respond!

Welcome on the forum jdrinboston! Good to see people from outside Montreal sharing with us... If you want to stay in a quiet but very accessible place in September, you should try this place: http://www.aubergedelafontaine.com/montreal-hotel/?gclid=CPXf7aup4bYCFYMWMgodRxoAJQ.

Right in front of a big park, bikepaths will take you downtown or in the old port in 10 minutes (depending on your legs though :-) ). To partially answer to your question about the building booming downtown MOntreal; I would say: plenty of lots are now available downtown for construction (were occupied before by parking lots). This was possible thanks to a new city law taxing more those parking lots, and also modifying the construction rules downtown (increasing the high rise authorizations). Also Canada is considered by many foreigners (Europeans) as a safe place to invest. Montreal is a pretty cosmopolitan area and the immigration can contribute to make is a dynamic place. Prices of condos in Montreal are still affordable when comparing with similar cities in North America... It's not all but that's what I modestly noticed...

Hi MtlMan

I'll try to keep this brief so I don't derail the conversation away from Rocabella.

The aquarium's main exhibit is closed for renovation. The rest of the facility is open, but that is indeed the main event, so you may want to hold off. The Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum just finished major renovations/expansions over the past year, so if you like art, those would be good bets. The Red Sox are also in town, so if you're looking for an authentic "American" sporting experience, you can't go wrong there.

We are going through a bit of a boom here, but it is mostly rental apartments. We have three rental high-rises going on right now downtown - ranging in height from 290 ft to 340 ft (apologies, I don't know the metric equivalent) Another project is just starting on Stuart Street. We have a 15-story condo project wrapping up in the city's old "Combat Zone" red-light district, which has since gentrified signfiicantly. Meanwhile, construction is about to begin on the 625-foot Millennium Tower, which will be part of the redevelopment of the old Filene's department store in downtown crossing. There are also some smaller projects being built in the up and coming "Seaport/Innovation District." The buildings here are capped at 200-feet because they are almost directly on line with one of Logan Airport's runways.

I came to Montreal for the first time in February and was left with an overwhelmingly positive impression. I'm someone who generally loves walking through cities and looking at buildings and their interactions with streets and people. I could spend two whole days walking through Vieux Montreal if I had the time. I am also a transportation junkie, so I could spend another couple of days riding your Metro. I'm planning on coming back later this summer or in September so we can enjoy the city more in the warmer weather. In terms of bars/restaurants, we planned our last trip very poorly and struggled to find places to eat. (I know they are plenty of great restaurants in Montreal, I think we stayed in a poorly located hotel and kept walking in the wrong directions). Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

Merci for taking the time to respond!

Thanks, I'll answer in a private message later on. I don't want to monopolise this thread. I certainly have A LOT of suggestions, being a foodie and Montreal being a foodie city!:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll answer in a private message later on. I don't want to monopolise this thread. I certainly have A LOT of suggestions, being a foodie and Montreal being a foodie city!:thumbsup:

!!! I want food suggestions too! I know this is not the correct thread to talk about it... do we have one that promotes new/up-and-coming/just plain delicious restos? xD