mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Neither is this building....

Is that plaza some sort of sacred site for you? I mean in the current plans the plaza would even be rebuilt to a better space next the opposite side of the Bell Center. We can have both the plaza (in a new site) and the building. Why just leave the space as it is and lose a potent high-rise?

Is that plaza some sort of sacred site for you? I mean in the current plans the plaza would even be rebuilt to a better space next the opposite side of the Bell Center. We can have both the plaza (in a new site) and the building. Why just leave the space as it is and lose a potent high-rise?

Its not just the plaza, the tower makes the site too claustrophobic and cramped looking, like everything got shoved together. I like my towers to stand by themselves, not shoved on to a tiny corner of an arena next to a railroad overpass.

Its not just the plaza, the tower makes the site too claustrophobic and cramped looking, like everything got shoved together. I like my towers to stand by themselves, not shoved on to a tiny corner of an arena next to a railroad overpass.

I dont like the plaza myself. It is too small and uninviting. Maybe this is a chance at making it better. I also think that the space for the tower is really small but the

look of a slim tower atop the train station would perhaps be better than it is now.

Sorry, I don't like giving up perfectly fine space where no "infill" is required just to satisfy a height fetish. Unlike some, I am more than willing to sacrifice tall buildings for proper urban development and nothing about this tower makes sense from an urban planning standpoint. While it may be "just" a small square, it is one of the only public spaces (albeit small) within three blocks or so. And no, Cabot Square isn't close enough, nor does it have enough association with the Bell Center crowds.

Personally, I would have loved to see the city expand the space into 1/2 of the parking lot in front of the Bell center and reserve the other half for development. The parking lot is already used as an area for "tailgates" in the playoffs as well as other, smaller events. Develop that whole area and you risk taking part of that Montreal "vibe" out of the area.

Je vous comprend pas ceux qui ne veulent pas que l'édifice se fasse construire...

Lorsque le projet a été annoncé, tout le monde était excité et si je me souviens bien personne s'était plaint qu'il soit situé sur le plaza.

Par contre, quand sa hauteur a été réduit à 40 étages vous commencez à dire qu'il ne devrait pas être construit, le plaza doit rester la, etc.

Même à cette hauteur ça demeurer un édifice qui mérite de voir le jour à Montréal.

Sorry, I don't like giving up perfectly fine space where no "infill" is required just to satisfy a height fetish. Unlike some, I am more than willing to sacrifice tall buildings for proper urban development and nothing about this tower makes sense from an urban planning standpoint. While it may be "just" a small square, it is one of the only public spaces (albeit small) within three blocks or so. And no, Cabot Square isn't close enough, nor does it have enough association with the Bell Center crowds.

Personally, I would have loved to see the city expand the space into 1/2 of the parking lot in front of the Bell center and reserve the other half for development. The parking lot is already used as an area for "tailgates" in the playoffs as well as other, smaller events. Develop that whole area and you risk taking part of that Montreal "vibe" out of the area.

Open public space doesn't have any use if there's no pedestrian traffic. The area around the Bell Centre badly needs residential development. Unless there is a concert or game, the public space in and around the Bell Centre is almost always empty (it can actually become fairly dangerous at certain times). I would argue that any commercial, residential or office development around that train station will have a positive effect on the area because it will bring people there and the new square (hopefully inside the Windsor station) will actually have people in it.

J'ai l'intention d'y être. Je serai à une conférence sur l'immobilier à l'hotel Hyatt Regency au Complexe Desjardins le 24 avril (c'est en même temps que l'Exposition de Montréal du Futur). J'ai bien hâte de voir quelle maquette il vont nous montrer? Celle de 40 étages ou celle de 62 étages.

Tu nous en donneras des nouvelles. :cool:

Open public space doesn't have any use if there's no pedestrian traffic. The area around the Bell Centre badly needs residential development. Unless there is a concert or game, the public space in and around the Bell Centre is almost always empty (it can actually become fairly dangerous at certain times). I would argue that any commercial, residential or office development around that train station will have a positive effect on the area because it will bring people there and the new square (hopefully inside the Windsor station) will actually have people in it.

Since the Bell Centre was built, I never got the impression that that little square was more than a passageway to and from the train terminal. Dont get me wrong, I am not advocating the elimination but rather the displacement to perhaps the southern part of the parking lot facing it and in due time when the property develops there, an interesting movement of people could happen. I think an elevated feel could do wonders around the podium of a new building such as at the Place du Canada, which in my mind is another underused and underestimated piece of urban landscape. Place du Canada could benefit from some attention in the way it brings people from Dominion Square toward La Gauchetière.