Aller au contenu
publicité

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

^

si on gagne peut être, il y a toujours des caves pour faire une émeute...mais si on perd il va rien arriver

moi ce qui m'impressione c'est le nombre incroyable de band-wagon fans...j'en connais quelque uns d'ailleur

du monde qui riaient du Canadien et qui portaient le chandail des penguins, des senateurs , des red wings ou de l'avalanche il y a quelques années et maintenant il se dissent fan des Canadiens....

c'est un peu frustrants, parce que je me souviens à la fin des années 90 j'allais voir des matchs et il y avait de bancs vides au centre Bell (centre Molson) ...maintenant c'est un peu une mode d'être fan des habs....

l'équipe a bien changer depuis: je me souviens des Patrick Poulin, eric weinrich, matt higins, sylvain blouin, brian savage, oleg petrov,andreas dackell, dykhuis....etc....

publicité
c'est un peu frustrants, parce que je me souviens à la fin des années 90 j'allais voir des matchs et il y avait de bancs vides au centre Bell (centre Molson) ...maintenant c'est un peu une mode d'être fan des habs....

Bien d'accord avec toi. Quand j'allais au Centre Bell/Centre molson (pendant les années noires 98-99 à 02-03) il y avais des sièges de vides. Mais que veux tu! C'est la vie.

Je suis bien content de voir qu'il y a de plus en plus de fans du CH.

Surtout quand l'équipe joue dans des arenas un peu partout à travers l'Amérique du Nord. de voir ds fans du CH en si grand nombre dans des arenas à Phoenix, San José, Anaheim, Boston, Toronto...j'aime ça!

^maintenant c'est un peu une mode d'être fan des habs....

Oui c'est vrai que c'est à la mode, mais plusieurs disent aussi que le phénomène s'explique par le fait que le Canadiens, c'est tout ce qu'il reste de Winner au Québec et c'est la seule chose qui marche positivement.

Oui c'est vrai que c'est à la mode, mais plusieurs disent aussi que le phénomène s'explique par le fait que le Canadiens, c'est tout ce qu'il reste de Winner au Québec et c'est la seule chose qui marche positivement.

Je considère l'Impact comme un succès! Même si leurs succès n'est pas aussi gros que celui du CH, ils attiraient plus de gens que leur petit stade pouvait contenir. Maintenait avec l'arrivée du Nouveau Stade Saputo, ça va être encore plus "hot"!

Je considéere l'impact comme un Succes! Même si leurs succes n'Est pas aussi gros que celui du CH, ils attiraient plsude gens que leur petit stade pouvait contenir. Maintenait avec l'Arrivée du Nouveau Stade Saputo, ça va être encore plus "hot"!

Go ! Impact Go ! :)

LOL, someone's jealous.

The litany of complaints against Habs fans keeps gettin' longer -- add 'whiners' to the list. They make it so easy ...

columnist_strobel_mike.jpg

By Mike Strobel

TORONTO SUN

Oh, man, I hate Habs fans.

One of them, Alice Newton, reminds me why.

She, among others, is upset by a line in my column last week about how our descendants will look when Toronto's ethnic groups meld.

The only taboo, I suggested, was mixed marriages between Leafs and Canadiens fans.

"Who the heck wants their kid to look like a Habs fan?" I wondered.

Well, go ask Alice.

"Utterly assenine (sic)," she writes. And that's one of the kinder comments. She vows to tell Quebecor CEO Pierre Karl Peladeau.

"Shame on you!!!" she says. (To me, not PKP, who I believe is actually a Leafs fan, too).

"Were you insinuating that Habs fans are inferior to others?"

Well, no, Alice, but come to think of it ...

Here's a few reasons Habs fans get my goat.

First, they are too damn touchy.

Then there's Boom Boom Geoffrion.

What kind of fans, outside a strip joint, call their stars Boom Boom? Or the Rocket. Or the Pocket Rocket. Or The Flower. Or Big Bird. Or St. Patrick. Or Gump.

Leafs fans never do that. We just add "er" or "y" to everyone's name. As in Caber, Steener, Matt-y, Arm-y, Ponikarovsky.

H stands for ...

Montreal fans are hung up on the letter H.

They have puffed this up to be the biggest little letter in sports, resting famously in the big C of the team logo.

Think it stands for Habitants? Mais, non!

Likely "Habs" started as a mistake by Tex Rickard, owner of Madison Square Garden, in 1924.

Somehow Tex connected "les habitants," meaning Quebec farmers, with the H.

A nickname was born.

The H actually stands for hockey, as in Le Club de Hockey Canadien.

Well, we know it doesn't stand for humble.

Habs fans are arrogant, and often cruel. They tell Leafs jokes, such as:

What do Habs fans have that Leafs fans don't?

Colour photos of the Stanley Cup.

Tres amusants.

When they aren't telling silly jokes, Habs fans subscribe to the Principle of Divine Right.

The Liberal Party does, too. Liberals believe they are God's chosen government.

Same thing for followers of the New York Yankees.

Habs fans? The chosen ones?

Well, it is true the Yankees' 26 World Series wins only recently surpassed Montreal's 24 Stanley Cups as the watermark of franchise success.

It is true the Habs passed the Leafs in that category before I was born.

It is true Montreal has won 10 Cups since the Leafs' last in 1967.

But this is pure luck, not divine right.

Even when they lose, they're lucky. The Habs missed the playoffs last year, a glorious chance for Leafs fans to gloat. But we missed, too, damn the luck.

This makes their rags-to-riches turn this year all the more galling.

Boo at drop of hat

Speaking of divine right, Habs fans have forgotten the Sermon on the Mount.

"Blessed are the merciful."

They boo at the drop of a hat. Zdeno Chara, just because he's tall. Darcy Tucker, because he's from Toronto. The American anthem. The other team's stickboy.

Not only are they rude, they're everywhere. I have seen Canadiens sweaters from Stonehenge to the Amazon.

Even this newsroom is infested with them.

Copy editors, who only come out at night, are especially susceptible.

And underhanded. Im afrayd theyy wil git evven by mesing wit ths colunm.

Sometimes, as deadline nears, you can hear them surreptitiously humming Ole, Ole, Ole.

This is the Habs fan anthem, and one of the lamest in sports.

Not to mention, they stole it from European soccer.

Indeed "ole" means thief in Nigeria.

I do not know how they say "arrogant" in Nigeria.

Habs fans try to tell you they are "confident," not arrogant. But they say it with a smirk.

Leafs fans never smirk. In fact, we don't smile much at all.

Ooooooh, man, I hate Habs fans.

Mike Strobel's column runs Wednesday to Friday, and Sunday. mike.strobel@sunmedia.ca or 416-947-2265.

Gros Cave... à toronto ils passent leur temps a caller Montréal et à se venter... c'en est même pas drôle.... Souvent dans les journals ils bitch contre Montréal..... sa m'énarve! lol

Guys, i think the guy was joking around. You could tell by the tone of his comments that he wasn't completely serious!

In any case, I am enjoying these moments sooo much!

The Leaves have missed the playoffs for 3 years in a row and we are kicking ass. Leaves fans are pathetic and they know it to. HTeir team sucks.

GO HABS GO!