Aller au contenu
publicité

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Oui monsieur!!

Quel atmosphere incroyable. C'était un gros party pour tout les Fans du Ch.

C'est confirmé mesdames et messieurs, le CH est champion de la Conférence de l'est...pour la première fois depuis 1988-1989!!

Bravo au CH, et maintenant il va falloir planter les Bruins en première ronde!

Est-ce possible que je t'ai vu à la télé vers la fin du match ? Est-ce que tu portais un chandail des Habs ?

publicité
Est-ce possible que je t'ai vu à la télé vers la fin du match ? Est-ce que tu portais un chandail des Habs ?

Oui, j'aivais mon chandail du Canadien. J'étais dans la section 123 (vis à vis une des lignes bleues)

Je ne sais pas si j'ai passé à la télé, mais disons que j'étais sur le party, et pas a peu près!:thumbsup:;) Moi et mes chums étions sur le party!

Canadian Press predicts a Habs-Sharks Stanley Cup Final

Montreal (1st, 47-25-10) vs. Boston (8th, 41-29-12)

Stanley Cup fever is raging in Montreal as the Canadiens led the conference and drew a first-round opponent they beat eight straight times in the regular season and 11 straight since last season. While Bruins goalie Tim Thomas shone against other clubs, he was shelled by Montreal, which outscored Boston 39-16. Price, meanwhile, was 12-3-0 after veteran goalie Cristobal Huet was traded Feb. 26, although he is untested in NHL playoff action. Montreal also brings the league's top power play while the Bruins were 28th in penalty killing.

It's a whole new season in the playoffs. But Boston's top scorer Marc Savard, making his first playoff appearance, has a sore back. The Canadiens counter with the league's highest-scoring team (262 goals) and a league-high seven players with at least 50 points. Captain Saku Koivu may miss the start of the playoffs with a foot fracture, but big defenceman Mike Komisarek is expected back from a hip injury. The Bruins take heart in the fact that their last two losses to Montreal were close, including one in a shootout.

Montreal is 23-7 all-time in playoff series against Boston, winning the last two in 2002 and 2004.

A matchup to watch -- Guy Carbonneau against former Canadiens coach Claude Julien.

EA Sports voit le Canadien en finale

Lundi 07 avril 2008

LA PRESSE CANADIENNE

Lors de la simulation effectuée sur le jeu NHL 08, l’attaquant des Sharks de San Jose Joe Thornton met la main sur le trophée Conn Smythe dans une série axée sur la défensive.

Avant d’accéder à la finale, le Canadien avait éliminé les Bruins en sept parties en première ronde, les Flyers de Philadelphie en six match lors de la deuxième ronde et les Penguins de Pittsburgh en sept parties en finale d’Association.

De leur côté, les Sharks ont défait les Red Wings de Detroit en finale de l’Association ouest. Pour y accéder, les Sharks ont vaincu les Flames de Calgary en sept parties et les Stars de Dallas en six.

Selon cette simulation, le Canadien serait la seule équipe canadienne à franchir la première ronde. Les Sénateurs seraient éliminés en cinq matchs face aux Penguins.

• Administrateur

Regular season is history, so is losing streak to Montreal

Bob DiCesare BostonNOW Correspondent

There's an old saying in sports that if you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best.

That theory applies to the Bruins, who face their long-time nemesis, the Montreal Canadiens, in the first round of a best-of-seven playoff series starting Thursday.

If statistics mean anything, there's definitely a David-vs.-Goliath mentality to this matchup. First-place Montreal has had the Bruins' number this season. The B's were handily outscored by the Habs, 39-16, lost all eight regular-season games against them, and have lost 11 straight dating back to last season. Boston has also lost 23 of 30 playoff series to Montreal in their history.

"We have to slay the dragon, so to speak," said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli. "We have to play a methodical, opportunistic game, and in the playoffs anything can happen. It is a seven-game series.

"I don't mind being the underdog," added Chiarelli. "We've been the underdog all year, when people picked us to finish last. We're in that role again."

Veteran defenseman Aaron Ward described personal experiences in putting a spin on the Bruins' current plight.

"When I was with (Stanley Cup winner) Carolina two years ago, Edmonton eked into the playoffs and made it to the finals," said Ward, who also won two Cups with Detroit. "I have seen teams who've had somebody's number in the regular season, but it's character and fortitude that shows through in the post-season.

"It's Game 1 of a new season. The fact that (Montreal) has had our number all year makes for a great series. It's a divisional matchup, it's going to be a physical series. Things will change because it is the playoff season."

Goaltender Tim Thomas was a key reason why the Bruins reached the post-season, but he feels as if the B's had already arrived there.

"We've been fighting for our playoff lives for a while now," said Thomas. "Going down the stretch, we won a lot of games to get us into the playoffs. We should be proud of ourselves. Do we want to do more damage? Yes. It's great to be taking that next step. Eighty-two games of work got us to this point. I think that will help us to be battle-tested."

Coach Claude Julien has taken a more philosophical approach to the Bruins' playoff matchup against Montreal.

"I think everybody wants to have a global outlook of the fact that 11 in a row we haven't beaten them," he said. "The numbers that come up to me is the last two games that we played them.

"The 4-2 game (March 20 at home), I thought we played them head-to-head and they got a couple of lucky breaks that was the deciding factor. The last game in Montreal (March 22) was decided in a shootout (3-2 loss). There are no more shootouts (in the playoffs). It's going to be overtime, five-on-five, so I think we played better against them most recently. That's what I'm going to look at more."

"It's another challenge presented to this team," added Ward. "We haven't achieved success against them in the regular season. It's time to turn over a new leaf and find some success. Time to look deep within yourself, find those intangibles, and bring them out now."

http://www.bostonnow.com/sports/bruins/2008/04/08/regular-season-is-history-so-is-losing-streak-to-montreal

Le Canadien a joué un match prèsque parfait ce soir. Quelle belle victoire. Je crois qu'il n'y a pas eu un seul joueur du CH qui a disputer un mauvais match!

Bravo les boys, on continue ça Samedi soir!

That's right Habsfan, almost a perfect game. The 3rd and 4th lines made the difference. Although the powerplay went 0 for 5, we had strong games from Begin, Lapierre, Kostopolous, Smolinski etc etc... the unsung heroes we don't hear too much about. We out hit the Bruins which I beleive caught them a little off guard. yes, the win was great but lets not get overly excited as the Bruins will adjust, lets hope the Habs do as well.

ps...I knda like Higgins playing centre, he's a different player, more involved and is utilizing his speed considerably.

Go Habs Go!