Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Au Pied de Cochon

536 Duluth Est

Montréal (Québec)

H2L 1A9

Tél: 514.281.1114

pied-de-cochon2_alexchabot.jpg

A must try is the PDC Melting Pot, which has a lot of different types of meat from the pig. It is really filling thats for sure.

The most well known dish is the duck in a can! I really need to try that out next time.

I find it is reasonably priced for something quite unique.

Also if you do go, please make a reservation.

I will be posting other interesting restaurants later on :) Also if you like you can post some here also.

• 3 semaines plus tard...
  • Réponses 32
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

L’Assommoir - Notre Dame

211 Notre Dame Ouest

Montréal (Québec)

H2Y1T4

Tél: 514.564-8177

Assommoir_b1ddf4e76af23815d4ceb95e6e4ba138_fullsize.jpg

This is their second location in the city. I have yet to try out the original spot. All I know they have the same menu.

A must try is the STRAWBERRIES AND PEPPER PORC FILET, which tastes quite interesting with the strawberries and peppers. Its quite unusual but you will really enjoy it. Plus it comes with a nice serving of vegetables.

They have a really nice size drink menu. Their zombie is quite sweet. I am not quite use to that, but it does work.

I found that it’s quite reasonably priced.

Also if you do go, please make a reservation. I was lucky enough to get the last table. Minor inconvenience it was next to the stairs.

Barroco

312 Saint Paul Ouest

Montréal (Québec)

H2Y2A3

Tél: 514.544-5800

2_RUBIK_BARROCO.jpg

They have been around for almost a year now. There menu changes quite often. I have yet to go back since the summer. Seeing there are so many places to check out in this city.

The history behind the whole idea of Barroco. Its some what a fusion of French and Spanish cuisine. That is if my memory serves me right.

They had this really nice winter dish last year, which was with duck. It was like a shepherds pie of sorts. I do hope they bring it back this winter.

As for the drinks, not mind blowing. Except a special sangria that they have in the summer. It’s not, on the menu. You have to know about it.

I found that it’s quite reasonably priced.

Also if you do go, please make a reservation or show up when they open so you can get a table. You will have to leave after eating though.

Olive et Gourmando

351 Saint Paul Ouest

Montréal (Québec)

H2Y2A7

Tél: 514.350-1082

IMG_7809.JPG

pre-renovation

A must try is the Le Cubain. Trust me you will be happy you tried this. You will go back for more. I just hope you like pork ;)

As for the drinks. Mostly coffees and teas. Their hot chocolate is quite tasty.

They have a lot of different pastries. Their croissants are really great. Especially fresh. Also their brownies are just wow.

I found O+G wont kill your wallet.

If you do plan on going. They are open Tuesday to Saturday 8h to 18h. Lunch time, it is like a mad house. You will not get a table. So best bet come after the lunch rush.

Holder

407 McGill

Montréal (Québec)

H2Y2G3

Tél: 514.849-0333

restaurant-holder_1.jpg

A must try for brunch (saturday or sundays between 10am and 3pm), is their special omelette. It has ham, mushrooms and asparagus. It is usually on the blackboard. It use to be in the menu but they removed it. I have yet to go their at lunch o

They have some interesting things to eat at brunch. If you want something sweet, best bet would be their french toast ;)

As for the price the brunch is quite reasonable. As long as you don’t keep buying rounds of mimosas.

For brunch it usually gets full around 11, so it’s a good idea to show up when they just open. You don’t really need a reservation. The place is quite big.

Vallier

425 McGill

Montréal (Québec)

H2Y2H1

Tél: 514.842-2905

d_photo_vallier.jpg

Something to try is their halibut burger, which is topped off with mayo. It also comes with a nice steel mug full of fries and a salad.

They have a nice assortment of beers and wines.

As for the price, its quite reasonable, I am not sure about the wines though.

Its a nice spot to have dinner. Just show up early or make a reservation

Coming up next: Hopefully Le Locale and McKiernan

Modifié par jesseps

Bonjour a tous,

je cherche un resto libanais avec un cadre correct et une bouffe authentique. Avez-vous des suggestions?

I have yet to find one. I'll try and look sometime in the next few weeks. If I do find one, I will go try it out in the new year :)

J'aime bien Chenoy's moi, la bouffe est généralement bonne, les prix très décent et c'est ouvert 25h par jour ;)

En plus ils offrent le déjeuner à n'importe quelle heure, un gros plus à 3h du matin ;)

Bonjour a tous,

je cherche un resto libanais avec un cadre correct et une bouffe authentique. Avez-vous des suggestions?

C'est dans le Vieux-Longueuil alors que tu habites Montréal, mais le restaurant Samar sur St-Charles est très bien. Du bon temps, de la bonne bouffe, belle ambiance et l'été il y a une belle terrasse en arrière.

De la cuisine authentique libanaise? hmmm, fais toi inviter chez un libanais,... parceque sérieusement c'est très difficile à trouver.

Il y a de ça quelques années il y a avait ''Al Kanater'' situé sur le Métropolitain pas très loin de St-Laurent. Ce n'était pas vraiment un restaurant traditionnel mais plutot un grand espace ou la nourriture cotoyait la musique libanaise. Le tout donnait une ambiance typiquement libanaise. C'était un rendez-vous pour les libanais du coin les vendredis et samedis soir. Un ''MUST'' à l'époque.

Je m'y suis présenté à plusieurs reprises et j'ai adoré.

Depuis quelques temps je passe devant et le tout me semble fermé, dommage !!!

Il y a de ça quelques années il y a avait ''Al Kanater'' situé sur le Métropolitain pas très loin de St-Laurent. Ce n'était pas vraiment un restaurant traditionnel mais plutot un grand espace ou la nourriture cotoyait la musique libanaise. Le tout donnait une ambiance typiquement libanaise. C'était un rendez-vous pour les libanais du coin les vendredis et samedis soir. Un ''MUST'' à l'époque.

Je m'y suis présenté à plusieurs reprises et j'ai adoré.

Depuis quelques temps je passe devant et le tout me semble fermé, dommage !!!

Si tu recherches la même chose, va voir du côté de Lordia ou Nuits d'Orient à Laval... Lordia est beaucoup mieux que Kanater.

Un petit resto du type Montréalais anglais des années 40, Wilensky's vous offre une sandwich au "Baloney grillé" typique qui est vraiment bonne et graisseuse.

Vous y aller et vous commandé un Wilensky's Special et vous vous trompez jamais.

Le petit coin de rue est même sur Wikipédia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilensky's