Aller au contenu

Union sur le parc - 20, 20 étages (2020)

swansongtoo

Messages recommendés

La question que je me pose est que ma réponse plus haut peut difficilement être plus pertinente. Je comprends que je ne ferai pas l'unanimité et c'est très bien, mais si quelqu'un n'est pas d'accord avec mon propos, ce n'est pas en le faisant avec ce nouveau rating qu'il faut le démontrer. Sinon cela devient une sorte de pollution, qui elle est loin d'être pertinente et qui devient agaçante à la longue. En plus d'être totalement anonyme, on passe complètement à côté du but initial de ce nouveau gadget.

@ Yara, oui je connais le Montmartre (j'ai déjà habité pas loin au Tadoussac) et c'est effectivement un très joli projet, qui s'intègre d'ailleurs très bien dans son environnement immédiat. Une heureuse touche européenne que je trouve vraiment sympathique. C'est sûr que si on avait proposé quelque chose de semblable ici, j'aurais approuvé avec bien davantage d'enthousiasme.

Mais bon, je ne peux pas me substituer au promoteur et en dépit des apparences, je ne suis même pas un amateur du projet actuel, je ne le défendais que par défaut, en constatant des faits. Je maintiens tout de même mes raisons évoquées plus haut, même si ce n'est pas mon premier choix.

J'ajouterais que puisque que tu précises ta pensée avec un exemple concret, je comprends beaucoup mieux ta motivation. Je me range donc à ton argument. Malheureusement, comme je crains que les jeux ne soient déjà faits, ne nous restera plus qu'à nous incliner. :(

J'ajouterais que puisque que tu précises ta pensée avec un exemple concret, je comprends beaucoup mieux ta motivation. Je me range donc à ton argument. Malheureusement, comme je crains que les jeux ne soient déjà faits, ne nous restera plus qu'à nous incliner. :(

Ce projet est soumis à une consultation publique qui débutera ce mois-ci, les jeux ne sont pas faits encore!

http://ocpm.qc.ca/domaine-franciscains

Donc il y a un petit espoir...

À ce que je sache, l'OCPM a un mandat consultatif, mais non décisionnel. Mais mal avisé serait le conseil d'arrondissement de Ville-Marie d'autoriser un projet rejeté par une majorité du public lors d'une consultation, ou qui mobiliserait des personnalités / organismes influents, que je n'ai pas envie de nommer! À voir...

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Article in the Gazoo on public consultation meeting for this project but not much there other than reports on standard complaints.

One guy complains about the sheer "height" of the proposed towers while another states simply there's enough condos in the area given a recent buildup. What does that mean ... zero future condos? 75? 25? I'm a city guy I love how my area is increasingly dense (Notre Dame / Des Seigneurs) so I just don't understand this type of reasoning.

Also interesting to note the city massages the rules of the game to allow for development but that's another debate.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/borough-developer-tout-new-condo-towers-on-rene-levesque-blvd-but-some-residents-want-green-space

The Ville-Marie borough and a developer say a plan to build two 20-storey towers will help preserve two former villas and provide new public green spaces in western downtown Montreal.

But some residents who attended a public consultation meeting Thursday night say the project — on the site of a Franciscan chapel and monastery that burned down in 2010 – will ruin the neighbourhood.

Michel Hardy, an architect working with the developer, Prével, told the meeting that the 360-condo project on René-Lévesque Blvd. would ensure the preservation of two neighbouring 19th-century villas and their respective gardens.

Under Prével’s plan, the two towers, taking up 17.5 per cent of the Franciscan land, would be built between the Masson and Judah villas, both owned by the Franciscans.

The project features two public spaces. A public garden, on René-Lévesque, would commemorate the Franciscans, who used the land for more than 100 years. A park, at the back of the property, near the Ville-Marie Expressway, would be accessible via a narrow walkway from René-Lévesque on the property’s western edge.

Ville-Marie urban planner Stéphanie Turcotte said the borough supports the project because it preserves the two heritage buildings and creates new green spaces that would take up 20 per cent of the site.

Architectural renderings of plans for the former Franciscan church and monastery site on René Lévesque Blvd., just west of Fort St. Groupe Prével is looking to building two 20-storey condo towers on the downtown site.

Architectural renderings of plans for the former Franciscan church and monastery site on René Lévesque Blvd., just west of Fort St. Groupe Prével is looking to building two 20-storey condo towers on the downtown site. LEMAY + CHA / PREVEL

The two “sober, distinguished” glass towers would be set back 40 meters from René-Lévesque, so they would not dwarf the historic properties, Turcotte said.

During a break in the hearing, area resident Fred Genesee said the condo towers would “dominate the landscape. Just the sheer height — it’s going to be four or five times higher than other buildings in the neighborhood.”

The promised parks “would be tiny. For the neighbourhood, there’s barely any gain, despite what they’re saying.”

0512 city franciscan gr

Jean-Yves Bourdages, another resident, said the condos would tower over other properties. “It’s a shame that we’re wasting the last green space in the area.”

“There are no large public parks in the area – no places where kids can run and play,” said Stéphane Febbrari, coordinator of the Peter McGill Community Council, which represents residents and businesses.

“There are already enough condos,” he said, noting more than 3,000 condominiums have gone up in the area in recent years.

In April, Montreal city council raised the maximum building heights on the site from 25 to 60 meters. The Ville-Marie borough, overseen by Mayor Denis Coderre, invoked a provision of the city charter that allows it to bar nearby residents from holding a referendum on the project.

The Office de consultation publique de Montreal will hold a second consultation meeting on the project on June 7. For more information, visit ocpm.qc.ca.

Article in the Gazoo on public consultation meeting for this project but not much there other than reports on standard complaints.

One guy complains about the sheer "height" of the proposed towers while another states simply there's enough condos in the area given a recent buildup. What does that mean ... zero future condos? 75? 25? I'm a city guy I love how my area is increasingly dense (Notre Dame / Des Seigneurs) so I just don't understand this type of reasoning.

Also interesting to note the city massages the rules of the game to allow for development but that's another debate.

I was at the public consultation last night too. Normally, I'm pro development, but listening to the complaints of the residents, I happen to agree with them. Downtown West has very little public parks. The small parks that the panel kept reminding people about (Cabot Square, Place Henri-Dunant & Place Hector-Toe Blake) are not enough. People seem to want a park where kids can play.

Mayor Coderre says that making the site a park would be too dangerous because of traffic, plus too polluted being next to the highway. I like Coderre a lot, but obviously as the mayor of Montreal, he might not know that about 1km west down René Lévesque/Dorchester there's a soccer/football next to the same highway/train tracks by Westmount High School. However, as some attendees expressed last night, and some quite angrily, their community needs more green space specifically for kids to play. To counter this objection, the panel kept coming back to the promise of the former Montreal Children's Hospital being transformed into a mixed-use public site that would include a library and some sort of park. I'm sceptical that the old hospital will be demolished to create this new green space any time soon.

• 3 semaines plus tard...

Pour ce que ça vaut...

Réponses du promoteur aux questions de la commission - 26 mai 2016

Q: Le document décrivant le projet mentionne qu’il y aura des locaux commerciaux au rez-de-chaussée. Quel(s) type(s) de commerce pourrait s’y retrouver?

R: La volonté d’avoir des usages commerciaux permises au rez-de-chaussée est en lien avec les aménagements et équipements communs que Prével à l’habitude d’intégré à leurs projets. La création d’espaces communs tel que gymnase, piscine, jardin ou chalet urbain est très apprécié par les résidents d’une copropriété, ces endroits deviennent des lieux de rencontrent propice à la présence d’un ou deux commerces de petite taille du type café/croissant ou bar à jus. L’inclusion d’un zonage commercial au rez-de-chaussée nous permet également d’offrir des espaces de bureaux en condominiums, pour professionnels qui désireraient s’y établir comme lieu de travail.

La priorité est de d’abord desservir les clients du complexe prévu, ainsi qu’une clientèle de proximité qui accède en général de façon non-motorisé. Les superficies ou mode d’affichage devront respecter la réglementation que la ville déterminera pour le site. Enfin, nous croyons que la présence d’un commerce dans le projet créera un effet d’ouverture pour les gens qui habite à proximité du site des Franciscains.

http://ocpm.qc.ca/consultation-publique/projet-immobilier-du-domaine-des-franciscains/documentation

Cette possibilité d'avoir de petits commerces au rdc pour les résidents et aussi ouverts au public environnant sans besoin de voiture, ne démontre-il pas que le site ne sera pas fermé sur lui-même? Une qualité qui m'apparait vraiment souhaitable en milieu urbain.