Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Just to clarify, I'm not "pissed" about the construction, I'm cautiously optimistic and somewhat excited myself (property value speculation aside!)

The drilling: The fence company (subcontractor) decided to "attach" their fence by drilling in to my foundation without our consent and started bolting it to our stone and brick facade. Minor damage to the stone, but this is what I'm "pissed" about and with good reason...

The encroachment: The street view Jfrosty posted is us, our humble little building, where the fencing company decided to encroach is behind our building where we have some private parking available and a small dirt patch where the tree takes root. Its only took three feet and the land is not being used... but its the principal of it all. If this was your land you would protect it as well.

OursNoir is probably right, most of our problems are with eh subcontracted fence company, but we'll see. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from Canvar...

The older buildings (and ours) in the are area are zoned as "heritage" sites, so yes....these are heritage buildings (verified with the ville-marie permits office).

Thanks for the welcome Cataclaw, I feel super welcome ;-) I grew up in the country, so I know what its all about. I love living in the city and have been for the last ten years. I know what to expect for the next two years and I was simply voicing my concerns and what I have noticed to date (literally, only two days in, and I'm wondering where we go from here if I'm already having these problems).

Progress is progress and I'm happy that this eyesore of a parking lot is going away!

Modifié par Atticka

publicité
  • Réponses 2,7k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

^ You could always put a small sign up on the side of your building saying "propriété privée". Or you could put your own fence on the outside perimeter of your property bordering the site to be developed?

I have to say I'm quite surprised that they are drilling into your building like that without your permission...

^ You could always put a small sign up on the side of your building saying "propriété privée". Or you could put your own fence on the outside perimeter of your property bordering the site to be developed?

I have to say I'm quite surprised that they are drilling into your building like that without your permission...

Strongly differs from your usual ' Screw those nimby's ' comments !

I think Atticka is being very reasonable. He is not against the construction of the tower, he just wants them to respect his private property (right-wingers believe in the concept of private property). That hardly makes him a NIMBY.

Je crois qu'il y a une différence entre un NIMBY qui ne veut pas perdre de lumière entre 12h45 et 14h15, et quelqu'un qui se fait manger du terrain et driller l'édifice sans autorisation.

Peut-être plus un cas de NOMP (Not On My Property)?

I think Atticka is being very reasonable. He is not against the construction of the tower, he just wants them to respect his private property (right-wingers believe in the concept of private property). That hardly makes him a NIMBY.

Je peux t'assurer que n'importe quel gauchiste sera pour le concept de la propriété prive dans notre société, surtout si c'est pour construire un immeuble à revenus comme celui-ci. ;)

Modifié par JFrosty

cjb: you apparently only read my first post and not my subsequent posts. Please do so before blaming me for something that i withdrew myself.

Atticka: i didn't quite get the sense of your first message. Your complaint didn't some legit to me until i realized that you live in the building bordering the parking lot and not across the street. My mistake! Indeed, if they're on your property you should fight tooth and nail for them to stop, or at least have the obtain permission and compensate you for any damages. I hope my welcome did not seem sarcastic because it isn't in the slightest, and i apologize for my reading comprehension being less than perfect in this instance ;) So truly : welcome to the forum and good luck dealing with this subcontractor!

Take pics of the construction for us! ;)

Drilling into an adjacent building is likely to reinforce it against the foundation shocks which can occur when driving heavy piles into the ground nearby.

I can also confirm that the buzz in the leasing community is saying 40-45 floors for at least two projects in downtown Montreal which will be starting in the next 4 months. However, I can't confirm whether this is one of them.

Eh bien, j'espère que ce scoop sera aussi bon que celui de Gilbert! Makes sense, though. Le marché pour les condos et la location me semble bon pour encore un petit bout. Par rapport à d'autres grandes villes, les prix sont bon tout en étant abordables, ce qui soutien une demande intéressante pour les promoteurs. N'a-t-on pas dit quelque part que Mtl était un secret bien gardé? Me semble que le secret est en train de s'éventer, et c'est tant mieux. Je ne serais pas surpris en effet de voir partir un ou deux autres projets importants d'ici une année. D'ici 4 mois ce serait vraiment super. En tout cas, je suis assez optimiste. Merci SkyMtl.

Je suis passé devant hier. Il y avait une pelle mécanique dans le stationnement.

Je suis passé devant soit mardi ou hier et il y avait déjà au moins une pelle et quelque chose qui ressemblait à une foreuse-dynamiteuse, sinon plus de machinerie (mais comme je conduisais un peu cowbow pour pas perdre de temps sur R-Lévesque, j'ai pas tout vu! :checkeredflag:) Je serai dans le coin ce week-end, alors j'irai certes jeter un coup d'oeil.

Has anyone checked to see if Dinu is alright? he must be going into convulsions with this news

:rotfl:

40, 45 ?? Donc un autre projet serait annoncé sous peu, et en haut de 40 étages !!!!?????

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

J'avoue qu'il me fera plaisir d'enfin enterrer mon pessimisme des dernières années, mais je garde encore les 2 pieds sur terre... pour l'instant! :rolleyes: