Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Here's a map I created based on what I think the CSL area should look like years down the road, looking at various projects that have been discussed and a few of my own 'wants' for the area. I'm no expert at urban planning or urbanity so feel free to comment and critique.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=108856777922929088479.00046d1191982597c7992

J'aime bien ta proposition pour les viaducs, désenclaver Côte-St-Luc me semble très logique. Par contre, un quartier de HLM, surtout isolé du reste du quartier comme tu proposes me semble inacceptable, ça revient à créer un ghetto. Je préfère de loin quelques petits HLM éparpillés un peu partout. Pour ce qui est du reste, je ne connais pas assez Côte-St-Luc.

I like the idea of liking Cote-St-Luc with areas such as Blue Bonnets per exampe. I also think CSL has a lot of potential for neighborhood growth and density plus it is time for a north and south road (Cavendish) opening.

But is this completely out of your imagination or there are some talks at CSL city hall for such projects ?

Je vais y croire quand l'administration de CSL va vouloir se déghethoiser...

(ps: je fais référence que la ville de CSL ne veut pas se connecter aux autres villes autour)

D’un coté je comprend la position de CSL à ne pas vouloir la prolongation de Cavendish, tout d’un coup un boulevard relativement tranquille dans cette partie de la ville deviendrait une alternative très passante à décarie toujours bloquée.

Il me semble que CSL est plus ou moins une "banlieue juive", alors je crois pas qu'il voudront créer beaucoup plus de liens/densité et prolonger autre chose que Cavendish.

Pas mal toutes les petites banlieues veulent rester des lieux calmes, et ne pas accueillir les automobilistes qui prennent des raccourcis.

Je vais y croire quand l'administration de CSL va vouloir se déghethoiser...

(ps: je fais référence que la ville de CSL ne veut pas se connecter aux autres villes autour)

I thought so too. But what about this written on Spacing Montreal (written just after you had replied to a post in 2008):

In addition I do not believe it would be fair to blame CSL or its citizens for the current situation. Cote Saint Luc has long requested that kildare be connected to jean talon. this route would provide direct access to decarie and the namur metro station . CSL actually traded a piece of its land (the area around decarie square and a neigbhorhood called north of hampstead) to montreal in exchange for the construction of the road. Montreal took the land and reneged on its promise to build the road. Eventually CSL took the land back in a lawsuit and nothing else has occured.

I also know that CSL has been pushing for the Cavendish extension in recent years, but since demerger Montreal has put it on the back burner.

p.s. I'm not trying to defend CSL or its residents, just presenting the other side of the equation.

Dans le site web de CSL il y a une discussion qui existe sur la possibilité d'extension de Cavendish vers le nord pour rejoindre Royalmount et ensuite l'autre portion direction sud. La discussion date de 2007 mais il mentionne le début des travaux pour 2009 !!!

Cavendish Blvd. extension

A north-south Cavendish Blvd. link is the missing piece in the island of Montreal road network. Initial discussions on connecting its two parts started in the mid 1960s and major studies were done in 1981, 1988, 1992, 1995, 1996 and 2000.

The goal of the Cavendish extension project is to complete the road network to:

Create north-south link from Côte Saint-Luc to Borough of Saint-Laurent

Create east-west link to Décarie Blvd.

The Cavendish link will improve accessibility to, from and within this sector for all means of transport and to ensure that the traffic conditions are conducive to the economic prosperity and well-being of residents.

On August 19, 2007, Mayor Anthony Housefather and Councillor Dida Berku appeared before an island-wide commission studying the Montreal Transport Plan . They explained the importance of the Cavendish Blvd. link and why it should be built according the schedule previously agreed to by the City of Montreal. [/Quote]

Voici l'adresse du site et de la page ou l'on peut voir un bon compte rendu avec des photos et des documents PDF.

http://www.cotesaintluc.org/en/CavendishExtension

Par contre j'ai vu ceci sur wikipédia:

After many years of debate and disagreement, Côte Saint-Luc agreed to the extension of Cavendish Blvd. from Saint-Laurent to Côte Saint-Luc, most likely through an indirect route, to Cavendish Blvd. in the borough of Saint-Laurent, over the Canadian Pacific railyards. However, the City of Montreal has delayed their timeline for constructing the new road until at least 2015, seeing as there is a current debate on CPR sorting yard space recycling and rezoning deposited at the city planning department.[/Quote]

J'ai trouvé un bon article qui date du 25 mars 2009 (dons assez récent) dans ''The suburban''......petit hebdo basé à Cote-St-Luc. D'après eux c'est plutot Montréal qui bloque le projet.

À part certaines personnes qui ne veulent pas trop de voiture dans le coin la plupart de gens semblent favorable à la liaison des deux Cavendish. Surtout les travailleurs j'imaginent !!!

Voici le lien:

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/The-Suburban/TheSuburbanMarch25_2009/2009032501/15.html

Il faut lire l'article ''Waiting for Cavendish'' à la page 15