Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

you have some pretty good ideas. I think the priority should be on connecting the two Cavendishes. I have not heard any talk about providing better links between lachine/mtl west.

I think the cavendish mall redevelopment if done right has a great potential. It is smack in the center of town and could become a sort of down town CSL. the great sized property would have to be broken up into a grid with a mix of housing units and commerces.

the former blue bonnets land seems destined to be turned into dense housing. As it stands it will be issolated in a light industrial region. To provide contiguity with other residential areas and services, kildare must be linked to jean talon.

It is easy to poke fun at CSL. It is a jewish majority suburb that is perhaps the most issolated geographically on the island of montreal. One can claim it is a ghetto or that its citizens are close minded. However, most of the issolation is geographic and not intentional. The city is surrounded on three sides by train yards and by a train line on the 4th. Its not as if we are putting up walls to separate us from our neighbours. To make road connections through the yards (to VSL or CDN) would require a very long underpass (several hundred meters to a KM). This is not really a project that is feasible for CSL to do on its own. The city of Montreal needs to come on board to the project. They clearly dont seem to be interested in this at the moment. So one really shouldnt blame CSL for the issolation. If Montreal wants to cough up its share of the funds, the project will go through