Aller au contenu

Roccabella sur la Montagne - 20 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 163
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Awful.  I think the entire Roccabella project -1,2, and 3  - are a scar.  Ugly. Missed the boat completely.  The best last lot(s) on R-L Ouest and this is what gets built.   Had the twin towers been glass all around then it would have been passable.

Icon is runner-up.  

• Like 1
  • D'accord 3

• 2 semaines plus tard...
On 2023-03-02 at 11:29 AM, internationalx said:

Awful.  I think the entire Roccabella project -1,2, and 3  - are a scar.  Ugly. Missed the boat completely.  The best last lot(s) on R-L Ouest and this is what gets built.   Had the twin towers been glass all around then it would have been passable.

Icon is runner-up.  

Phase 3 definitley agree is the odd one out.. both height and cost-cutting choice for cladding in the balcony sections.

I don't mind 1 & 2, they kind of fade into the background. Not overly offensive. They were built before the peak of the boom back when we were coming out of many years in which few tall buildings were built, and the tall buildings that were built were not great, like the Hilton Garden Inn, Altitude, Crystal, Louis-Boheme, etc. I was mostly happy to see this lot built on with something that was not overly diminutive or complete trash.

In an ideal scenario, I would have preferred these to be built on another street, or maybe the section of R-L east of University, maybe near Complexe Desjardins or Saint-Laurent. The brown cladding might have complimented some of the other buildings nearby.

And in the same scenario, I would have liked to see the Banque Nationale building constructed on this site to have more of a financial district vibe in this area.

• Like 2

Le 2023-03-02 à 11:29, internationalx a dit :

Icon is runner-up.  

Je serais plus nuancé pour Roccabella 1 et 2. Je trouve les façades nord et sud très correctes. Mais ce sont les côtés est et ouest qui gâchent tout. Que ces panneaux brun laid font durs!

• Like 2
  • D'accord 1