Aller au contenu

Royalmount

denpanosekai

Messages recommendés

Il y a 2 heures, job a dit :

A good idea that has gone askew in my opinion but there was so much money already invested that they could not back down. I doubt L.Catterton would have backed the current project from the beginning.

Do you imply that L Catterton jumped in later when they could get a good deal?

Il y a 2 heures, SameGuy a dit :

However, I remain unconvinced that “luxury goods” shoppers would schlep out to a mall at a busy freeway interchange in the middle of industrial hell in order to casually peruse the latest LVMH offerings — whether by Métro or safely ensconced in their X6/Q7/Geländewagens at 2 km/h in the Circle.

Maybe the name LVMH, which owns 40% of L Catterton, would serve primarly to convey some prestige to the Royalmount -- a kind of lifestyle centre with a (slight) difference.   

Geländewagen: Mercedes G-class.  At 2 km/h in the circle: just for a brief moment.  Over one hundred  thousands of other drivers pass through it daily despite the frequent delays, because it remains the best (least worst) option.  You do not go there if you already live downtown, or if your destination is located in another direction, but it still leaves a considerable number.  Not beating downtown, but  good enough.  

19 minutes ago, Né entre les rapides said:

Do you imply that L Catterton jumped in later when they could get a good deal?

Maybe the name LVMH, which owns 40% of L Catterton, would serve primarly to convey some prestige to the Royalmount -- a kind of lifestyle centre with a (slight) difference.   

Geländewagen: Mercedes G-class.  At 2 km/h in the circle: just for a brief moment.  Over one hundred  thousands of other drivers pass through it daily despite the frequent delays, because it remains the best (least worst) option.  You do not go there if you already live downtown, or if your destination is located in another direction, but it still leaves a considerable number.  Not beating downtown, but  good enough.  

I was implying that L Catterton jumped in at the beginning when the project looked far more interesting than it looks now. I don't think they would have participated in the current project as it has evolved ... just my opinion.

As for LVMH; definitely will help. The planned LV store will help raise interest for the locals in proximity but the price per square foot will certainly be accordingly high.

In my opinion, Montreal, has always had a very particular relationship with luxury retail. For example, there was a Holt Renfrew and Birks at Rockland ... those closed. There were standalone Versace and Cartier stores downtown and they closed. It is tricky territory to navigate.

I wish the project luck and hope it works, but I certainly would not bet my own money on it.

• Like 1

il y a 14 minutes, job a dit :

I was implying that L Catterton jumped in at the beginning when the project looked far more interesting than it looks now. I don't think they would have participated in the current project as it has evolved ... just my opinion.

As for LVMH; definitely will help. The planned LV store will help raise interest for the locals in proximity but the price per square foot will certainly be accordingly high.

In my opinion, Montreal, has always had a very particular relationship with luxury retail. For example, there was a Holt Renfrew and Birks at Rockland ... those closed. There were standalone Versace and Cartier stores downtown and they closed. It is tricky territory to navigate.

I wish the project luck and hope it works, but I certainly would not bet my own money on it.

I find that your opinion is worth at least as much as anybody else's, including my own.😃

• Like 1

il y a une heure, job a dit :

Holts also have a store in PVM and they close. Gap, American Eagle, Roots had store in Rockland and they all close, Rockland don't really do well since many years. 

Cartier and Versace was there in another era. The today era is different, And it is especially the generation that is different. The old generation was afraid to show that they have money versus the young generation that now money is no longer a taboo. Thank God the old generation née pour un petit pain is finally giving place to young people for whom money is not a shame .

• Like 1

il y a 25 minutes, Rocco a dit :

Elles auraient eu ben du plaisir à Royalmount, si Royalmount avait existé en 1986.

gettyimages-93417406-1552499487.jpg

T'inquiète, elles avaient déjà le Galleria Shopping mail, un espèce de mix douteux entre la Place Montréal Trust, l'atrium du 1000 DLG et l'esplanade de la PVM à Nowel. :silly:

il y a 42 minutes, maxi2515 a dit :

Cartier and Versace was there in another era. The today era is different, And it is especially the generation that is different. The old generation was afraid to show that they have money versus the young generation that now money is no longer a taboo. Thank God the old generation née pour un petit pain is finally giving place to young people for whom money is not a shame .

Which old generation(s)?  -- Certainly not in the eras of Royal France, Imperial Russia, the American Barons of industry, not even post-revolutionary France or the Second French Empire Empire.  Of course the really poors and those nés pour un p'tit pain did not display their wealth, because they hade none.

I agree that the "'new" generation is different.  Those who have real money spend it differently.  Less on ostentatious luxury clothing, more on fitness and expensive sporting goods and exotic travel. 

Ironically, the younger generation accuses the boomers of holding too much wealth.    

8 minutes ago, Né entre les rapides said:

Which old generation(s)?  -- Certainly not in the eras of Royal France, Imperial Russia, the American Barons of industry, not even post-revolutionary France or the Second French Empire Empire.  Of course the really poors and those nés pour un p'tit pain did not display their wealth, because they hade none.

I agree that the "'new" generation is different.  Those who have real money spend it differently.  Less on ostentatious luxury clothing, more on fitness and expensive sporting goods and exotic travel. 

Ironically, the younger generation accuses the boomers of holding too much wealth.    

Amen. 

It is all about creating experiences in line with the values of the new generations. A megamall at a highway intersection with unaffordable housing and no green in sight is the exact opposite of those values. 

If we are going after the luxury shoppers ... they won't want to go down to a huge, crowded mall in the middle of nowhere to buy their 5000$ purses. If we are going after the new, experience-driven generation, a megamall surrounded by highways probably isn't it either.

Hence, my initial criticism of the project ... 

• Like 1