Aller au contenu
publicité

L'Avenue - 50 étages

WestAust

Messages recommendés

I know I'm going to get flammed for this but I don't really like the design of this bulding anymore.

The more I look at it the more I find it too big at the top and the big base makes it look ridiculous.

Does anyone know if it is the new norm to have a huge base like that? Can't we just build buildings like CIBC? Imagine how stupid that tower would look if it had a 12 story base?

Ville-Marie has a base and it looks great with the tower, so does IBM tower (kinda). A base is good to provide amenities for the building (big long pool and terrasse).

For me, it is more the lack of sun and sky when walking near that very dense building area that I don't like. Before, you could see the sun pretty much all day as no buildings were in front of the bell center and the open parking lot gave a lot of space to look around. Now, even thought the skyline will look great from outside downtown, it will be more cramped walking in it. (With Deloitte tower, tour des canadiens, roccabella 1 and 2, icone 1 and 2, CGI, Avenue and IBM)

publicité
  • Réponses 3,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

no need to be sarcastic mr. moderateur. I definitely think there's cause for concern... but they need to get the shovel in the ground to generate momentum

I was not sarcastic at all! You know the guy, so you are the only one around who can bring us fresh news :)

I know one of the guy too, but I feel like a groupie quand je lui demande des nouvelles de son projet surtout que quand je le vois c'est pour autre chose que l'Avenue. Mais il est pas content, je peux résumer comme ça.

Invité Olivier2160

Avec tous les projets qui sont en construction ou sur le point de débuter, pensez vous vraiment que Brocolini va être ridiculisé sur la place publique pour être le seul à ne pas lever de terre dans le coin ? C'mon ! Des commerces annoncés au RDC, plus de 70% de vendu avec des clients comme les Saputo et des soirées de promotion comme Montréal n'en a jamais vu ! Ce projet va lever ! C'est une question d'image corporative de mener à bien un projet d'envergure.

Invité Olivier2160

Could be bullshit but last time I showed up and let them know that I was interested in buying a unit, they told me there wasn't much unit left cause 70% sold. I saw the list of units available and there was less than a hundred so..... I have faith in that project. They called me today to invite me for a special evening sale next week and for sure I am going. If I can help making this project a success, I will sans hésitation !

Je ne comprend pas pourquoi plusieurs mettent en doute tout ce projet juste parce que ça prend du temps a faire rentrer les pépines. Avec tout l'argent qu'ils investissent sur leurs soirées et dans les publicités c'est évident qu'ils sont confiants qu'ils vont débuter la construction. C'est pas comme si le projet serait revu au complet comme le TOM ou La Tour Drummond de Samcon et le 400 Dowd, la dans ses projets on peut se questionner. Mais le fait que les travaux se retardent n'amène aucune remise en question. Ils attendent surement le OK de la ville et en attandant ils offrent des promotions c'est tout. Il y a beaucoup de facteurs qui amène des constructeurs a se décider quand lancer le go. Dans le cas du Rocabella ils sont assez a l'aise financièrement pour lancer sans tout vendre. Dans le cas de L'Avenue il y a plusieurs possibilités mais on n'en sait rien alors ça sert à rien de paniquer juste parce que les compétiteurs ont déja commencer! Le fait qu'ils ont 8 étage de commercial a louer sans avoir une signature d'un gros locataire peut aussi jouer.

I called the sales office. The receptionist told me that they are planning to start construction in July........

Just like the receptionist of Icône said they were planning to start construction in April. Yeah right........