Aller au contenu
publicité

Garder les bars ouverts jusqu'à 6h du matin à Montréal

Malek

Messages recommendés

.... et CJAD ont repris la nouvelle. (je vois que Malek a passé un commentaire avec le lien vers la page facebook.

Source: CJAD

The man behind Montreal's Just for Laughs Festival is advising Montreal to create a downtown night life zone where businesses could stay open until six o'clock in the morning. Gilbert Rozon believes tourism would get a boost if bars, restaurants and other businesses could go all night. He proposes that the night life zone run from Guy Street to Papineau, between Sherbrooke Street and Rene Levesque Boulevard.

Rozon says he has pitched his idea both to Mayor Gerald Tremblay and the chief of police, and both were receptive.

I am not sure the bars and clubs between Sherbrooke and Pins on St Laurent will be happy if this does happen.

publicité
Malek, you got my support man.

Les bars devraient définitivement avoir le choix de fermer quand ils veulent. Si un bar veut fermer à 02h00, 03h00 ou 06h00, ça devrait être leur decision.

Personnellement je resterais jusqu'à 06h00 pour profiter du TEC qui commence le lendemain, versus manger une poutine l'autre bord de la rue et passer le temps jusqu'à ce que je sois en état de conduire (évidement, j'arrête de boire bien avant mon heure de départ.) Ca me semble une situation gagnante pour tout le monde. Ils attendent quoi?

Shut up you dirty libertarian :rotfl:

I am not sure the bars and clubs between Sherbrooke and Pins on St Laurent will be happy if this does happen.

I am fairly certain that they could extend this zone to include bars on St-Laurent Blvd, St-Denis St. and Mont-Royal avenue.

I am fairly certain that they could extend this zone to include bars on St-Laurent Blvd, St-Denis St. and Mont-Royal avenue.

And the bars in Quebec, and in Gatineau, and in Laval! Why not extend this zone across the province entirely? I like the proposal as a first step, but we need to go further :)

Shut up you dirty libertarian :rotfl:

Libertarians do not have a monopoly on liberty nor the promotion of it.

I'm a progressive and I believe this is merely sensible policy. If there were measurable social and economic consequences to having bars stay open until they want, then I might reconsider my position, but the fact is there aren't. If someone can point me to some evidence or perhaps a study or two, i'll be happy to analyze the date and reevaluate my position. Until then, I stand by my position: Bars should be open until they want to... same as restaurants.