Aller au contenu

Humaniti - 39 étages (2021)

vanatox

Messages recommendés

25 minutes ago, Walkscore said:

Most units will have gypsum at locations where pipes etc have you be passed through by default (part of the kitchen, bathroom etc). That is also why you will not see pipes. The exposed concrete ceilings will be outside of those regions. Thus, technically speaking, promoters that offer exposed concrete ceilings will tend to also offer gypsum by default..

This being said, most buildings in Montreal with several exceptions (VSP comes to mind) offer 9 feet ceiling. This distance is measures from the concrete surface of the flooring to the lower concrete surface of the floor. Bigger heights tend to be associated with luxury by people. If you look at units for these towers, you'll notice that, following the kitchen area to the living room, there is a height differential, even when the ceiling isn't exposed concrete. In most cases, this difference is likely to be due to them plastering the ceiling. In other words, it likely isn't gypsum. At least, I don't think so.

The reason they plaster the ceilings is to preserve a higher perceived ceiling. It's also nice to see differentials in elevations

If it were all gypsum, everything would be at roughly same height, I think. This would be unappealing to buyers/customers. If they were gypsum at different heights, then builders would have to make sure the height between each concrete slab is 1-2 foot higher, which isn't financially interesting.

Thanks for the precision regarding the plaster, which I definitely forgot about. It is an adequate solution to limit the lost in floor to ceiling height and preserve a height differential.

55 minutes ago, LaRonde said:

Thanks for the precision regarding the plaster, which I definitely forgot about. It is an adequate solution to limit the lost in floor to ceiling height and preserve a height differential.

No problem! I figure builders usually default to exposed concrete ceilings since it should come at a cheaper perceived prices. The tag would probably have been different with higher degrees of gypsum or plaster. 

Il y a 14 heures, Rocco a dit :

Super beau dallage. Ça fait changement des sempiternelles tuiles rectangulaires que la ville installe partout maintenant.

Je remarque qu'on utilise de plus en plus de variétés de dallages un peu partout en ville, pas seulement au privé. C'est heureux car leur esthétisme fait aussi partie de l'expérience urbaine positive. D'ailleurs généralement les beaux endroits invitent les gens à les fréquenter plus souvent et à y passer plus de temps. Or ils sont d'ordinaire plus propres, puisque les badauds ont tendance à respecter davantage les lieux qui les impressionnent favorablement.