Aller au contenu
publicité

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité

The 1st period was a little scary but the name of the game is about goaltending and Halak provided the moral support this team needed. The 2nd, 3rd and overtime, we played our game. We dictated the game. Everyone played a great game. The 4th line was exceptional. Dominic Moore winning key faceoffs, Hal Gill played a great game. Spacek was unbelievable out there...very surprising, I didn't think he had it in him to stifle Ovechkin the way that he did. 0 shots on goal for OV is an accomplishment. This is the 2nd time this year that he did not collect a shot on net.

Saturday will be a different game...

Marde ! le canadien menait 4 - 1 pendant la deuxième période et par la suite Ovechkin et backstrom comptent trois buts et c'est 5-5 à 1:20 de la fin de la 3ieme période ! ... et il a fallu même pas une minute pour que les capitals comptent le but victorieux , c'est donc 6-5 Washigton... le canadien se pointe à Montréal avec une victoire une défaite , mieux que rien , même que je doutais de la puissance des canadiens face à une telle équipe. On verra bien ce que ca donnera devant les partisants Montréalais et Québécois.

1-1 after 2 games in Washington is clearly not the point here. Washington definitely has the momentum coming into our rink after the 4-1 deficit and coming back the way they did will have the Caps thinking, we can do it again, we can open up the machine when we feel like it and do it again, meanwhile in the Habs camp, when they get a lead they will think of this loss and how the Caps came back... mind games.... I just wish we had someone that could contain Ovechkin. Someone needs to ram this guy heavily into the boards and blind side I don't care how but we need to shake him up. Why is everyone afraid of hurting this guys. If they can rip into Crosby than why not OV. An open ice hit a la Scott Stevens will bring a smile on my face

Well, it took me almost 48 hours to get over this loss. In no way was Halak to blame on the last Washington goal. If you know anything about hockey you'd know that the fault goes squarely on Hamrliik's shoulders. He kept backing up, giving up the blue line way too easily. Had Backstrom been coming down the wing with some speed, I'd understand the need to back up, but in this case, Backstrom was skating slowly. Hamrlik gave up the blue line and because he had backed up so much, it made easy for Backstrom to use Hamrlik as a screen to score the game winning goal. On the replay, you can clearly see that Halak never saw the shot coming. Halak gets the start tonight!

As far as the loss is concerned, this is not a good thing. Had the game been tight all night, i'd say I would've been happy with the outcome....but we had a 3 goal lead with 22 mintes to go. The 2nd Capitals goal at the end of the 2nd period was the goal that gave them wings. When we took that 3 goal lead, we had to continue with the forecheck. Make it hard on the shaky washington defence to come out of their zone. Keep them pinned down deep in their zone.(if the puck is in the Washington zone, they can't score on us)

What also really pissed me off was our constant habit of backing off as soon as we had the lead, all our guys back off. They stop the forecheck and they allow the Caps to enter our zone way too easily. Stop this lousy habit, and we have a chance of winnig this series!

You hit the nail on the head Habfan...the Montreal D kept backing up which if you take a look at the game film in game 1 and half the game in game 2 you will notice a clear indication that the Habs D were setting up a wall and than Poof after the 2nd goal they were suffering from brain farts because the game plan was clearly not in evidence.

This shit about OV saying that after Fehr had scored and Halak went to drink his water he saw Halak shaking like a leaf...What bullshit!!

We know the Caps D is suspect... we need to pin them in their zone. I hope Martin takes advantage of the last line change which is something he's not to strong in.

Looks like game number 2 was the crucial turning point. When the habs scored that 4th goal iwth about 2:30 left in the second...they absoluytely needed to stop the caps from scoring before the end of the period. They failed and now the Caps took back the home ice advantage!