Aller au contenu

Le Bourbon (1560 Ste-Catherine Est) - 9 étages (2021)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• 1 mois plus tard...
On 2018-05-08 at 8:49 PM, IluvMTL said:

Je pensais que Bourbon était á location?

The project was supposed to be a rental building. However, the developer realized that a rental project will not be profitable enough as he has to give the second story to the CCGLM basically for free...

17 minutes ago, georgeplamondon10 said:

The project was supposed to be a rental building. However, the developer realized that a rental project will not be profitable enough as he has to give the second story to the CCGLM basically for free...

Don't think that is precise. I believe that the community group  rental spaces at a reduced rate were added to compensate for the zoning changes to build higher than permitted. Last I heard their limited  funding still didn't allow them to rent there. 

1 hour ago, IluvMTL said:

Don't think that is precise. I believe that the community group  rental spaces at a reduced rate were added to compensate for the zoning changes to build higher than permitted. Last I heard their limited  funding still didn't allow them to rent there. 

Exactly the community group rental spaces were added at basically the same rate they were renting before, making the project financially not feasible.

Very interesting that you heard that they have limited funding especially after they went on a shopping tour in Montreal buying the Fides and some other buildings in the last six months. Maybe they bought too many buildings and have no cash left.

33 minutes ago, georgeplamondon10 said:

Exactly the community group rental spaces were added at basically the same rate they were renting before, making the project financially not feasible.

Very interesting that you heard that they have limited funding especially after they went on a shopping tour in Montreal buying the Fides and some other buildings in the last six months. Maybe they bought too many buildings and have no cash left.

I was referring to the community group funding that is insufficient to cover a higher rent. They presently rent space in a municipal building that is much lower than what is being asked at the Bourbon,  even with the preferential rate.

• Like 1