Aller au contenu

ErickMontreal

Messages recommendés

Ils ont une entente avec la RIO pour une augmentation a 18 000 sieges, bien qu'ils prevoient une augmentation a 20 000, chose qui ne serait pas un probleme.

Et en regardant le site, 25 000 sieges est plus que réalisable avec des investissements plus importants

JE sais que pour la MLS, 20,000 sièges est le minimum requis, mais il me semble que 25,000 sièges devrait être le minimum recherché par les gens de l'Impact. Tant qu'a faire une expansion, vaut mieux en faire une vraie!

Did I tell you I'm pissed

Why??

Just because Ottawa wants an MLS team? Tell you the truth, I still think Montreal,s chances are way better. We've proven over the past 5 years that soccer is popular(11 and 12 000 attendance in a 9000 seat stadium) and now that they have Saputo Stadium, they sell out everygame (unless it's raining!)

What has Ottawa done in terms of Soccer? Nothing. Let's not kid ourselves, All this is, is a PROPOSAL by Eugene Melnyk for a multi-purpose Stadium, whereas Saputo Stadium is a Soccer Specific Stadium, which is what the MLS is looking for!

ALso, let's not forget that Ottawa has A population of 1.2 million and MOntreal has 3 times that amount!

Why??

Just because Ottawa wants an MLS team? Tell you the truth, I still think Montreal,s chances are way better. We've proven over the past 5 years that soccer is popular(11 and 12 000 attendance in a 9000 seat stadium) and now that they have Saputo Stadium, they sell out everygame (unless it's raining!)

What has Ottawa done in terms of Soccer? Nothing. Let's not kid ourselves, All this is, is a PROPOSAL by Eugene Melnyk for a multi-purpose Stadium, whereas Saputo Stadium is a Soccer Specific Stadium, which is what the MLS is looking for!

ALso, let's not forget that Ottawa has A population of 1.2 million and MOntreal has 3 times that amount!

I couldn't care less about Ottawa in MLS, I'm disturbed because their proposal of a stadium is head over heels above Saputo stadium. This is a beautiful pitch! Mr. Melnyk thinks big, this is what we lack in this province. We are so conservative it's not even funny. tell me I'm not wrong here! A city of 1.2 million and he has the fortitude to build a stadium with a capacity of 35,000 seats. Montreal 3 times the amount and 13,000 with gusts of up to 17,000. We do things backwards here. Saputo from the onset should have built a 25,000 seat pitch with capabilities to increase to 30,000.

Habsfan, you're not going to tell me the the Ottawa rendering is not a good looking stadium, are you?

I couldn't care less about Ottawa in MLS, I'm disturbed because their proposal of a stadium is head over heels above Saputo stadium. This is a beautiful pitch! Mr. Melnyk thinks big, this is what we lack in this province. We are so conservative it's not even funny. tell me I'm not wrong here! A city of 1.2 million and he has the fortitude to build a stadium with a capacity of 35,000 seats. Montreal 3 times the amount and 13,000 with gusts of up to 17,000. We do things backwards here. Saputo from the onset should have built a 25,000 seat pitch with capabilities to increase to 30,000.

Habsfan, you're not going to tell me the the Ottawa rendering is not a good looking stadium, are you?

I agree, the Ottawa Stadium looks good, in fact, it looks damn good! And I also agree with you that Saputao Stadium was built too small to start off with. It should have had 20,000 seats with a possibility to expand it to 30,000 seats. BUt Let's not forget that it was the Saputo family who paid for most of this Stadium, and If they weren't sure that they could sell 20,000 seats every game, they weren't gonna build a 20,000 seat stadium (and spend some extra money) for nothing! Another thing i'd liek to mention...this proposal by elnyk is just that! A Proposal. They(Ottawa) don't have the Stadium yet, whereas we do. They couldn't make a CFL team work in Ottawa yet they think the MLS will work? I'm not convinced that they can handle the MLS in Ottawa...then again, i'm starting to have my doubts about Montreal being able to handle an MLS team...can we garantee that we will have at least 20,000 fans every game????

MY guess is that our best chance of seeing Saputo Stadium expand and at the same time to see the MLS in Montreal is if the Saputo family and the Gilett family get together and purchase an MLS franchise and decide to expand the Stadium. The Gilett's have alot more money than the Saputo's and could afford the 40 million$ a franchise will cost. Let's not forget that to expand Saputo Stadium by another 7,000 seats will most likely cost another 10 million$ and let's not forget that the Salaries in the MLS are MUCH higher than in the USL. It will take a very rich owner to run this franchise properly!