Aller au contenu

Rue Notre-Dame: Un boulevard vert & une promenade surélevée pour la Porte d'entrée de la Métropole

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

21 hours ago, IluvMTL said:

@vincenzo

My primary intention is to raise the lot slope away from the street so that it is above the trains. That was the premise for the urban forest, so that it would appear as natural and gradual as possible compared to the park to the west which would not change. I think it raises a couple of metres or so...I have to be honest, that was the biggest challenge for me. Using Open Street data/placemaker  and such and trying to show an incline between Ataktehen and Frontenac. 

image.png

I was thinking more along the manner in which it is in Chicago. They elevated the whole streetscape above and over the tracks bringing the sidewalk to the edge of the river.

il y a 38 minutes, vincenzo a dit :

I was thinking more along the manner in which it is in Chicago. They elevated the whole streetscape above and over the tracks bringing the sidewalk to the edge of the river.

The Port would never go for that!  They are super security conscious or paranoid depending how you look at it.

12 hours ago, IluvMTL said:

The Port would never go for that!  They are super security conscious or paranoid depending how you look at it.

We've got to stop thinking small. If we truly want a real window to the river then that is what needs to be done. Besides, the port's future is down the river in Contrecoeur.

• Like 1

Le 2019-07-06 à 15:45, IluvMTL a dit :

Vue d'ensemble de la Porte d'entrée de la Métropole

Notre-Dame_Boulevard_Urbain-Foret Urbaine.png

Ils font le contraire le mon plan en mettant les camions lourds du côté fleuve au lieu du actif et collectif.  La pire scenario pour les espaces public ayant vitrine sur le fleuve.  Ils vont demeurez bruyant et dangereux. 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-11 at 6:19 PM, vincenzo said:

But does it transport containers and potentially dangerous materials or is it passenger rail? 

I'd imagine there are regulations preventing the construction of platforms for human enjoyment above commercial railroads where potentially dangerous materials would be transported. 

Le chemin de fer le long du St-Laurent selon moi est un deal breaker majeur. Ça enlève tout l'attrait d'être sur le bord de l'eau. Là on se retrouve avec des trucs entre une autoroute à genre 6 voies, un tramway, et autant de rails l'autre côté. Ça pas de bon sens. 

• Like 4

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Résidences/bureaux du côté nord de la rue

Les residences au dessus les commerces/bureaux aux étages 3 à 6 seront plus haut que la hauteur des camions/trains et profiteront de la vue du pont et du fleuve.

Il y aura deux entrées. Soit du côté nord des bâtiments, ouvrant sur une rue piétonne, vis-à-vis les résidences du quartier qui se trouvent de ce côté, ou bien par la rue Notre-Dame.

image.png

image.png

image.png