Aller au contenu

DOMO Appartements - 10 étages

Habfanman

Messages recommendés

I live at 90 Soeurs Grises and my window faces where this proposed building is supposed to be built.

Since they announced the project I haven't even seen one person at the site, the sales office on McGill is never open and when it is open it's always empty, and furthermore, the staff at the sales office are not knowledgeable at all regarding the specifics of the new proposed condominium. Also the last post on their facebook page was October 13th, 2013, more than 7 months ago.

By the information I got off their website there is only 6.5% of the 167 units that are 'not available' which clearly states that there is little to no interest in this project. There are so many other options for people looking for a condo in and around the Old Port that they can get sooner, as it will probably take AT LEAST a good 3 years (from when they start) to demolish the building, go the proposed 5 storeys down for parking, then build a 10 storey condominium from the ground up, so realistically people will only be able to take delivery 2018-2019 at the earliest.

I'm willing to bet this project never comes to fruition, seems like it was mishandled from the beginning.

I live at 90 Soeurs Grises and my window faces where this proposed building is supposed to be built.

Since they announced the project I haven't even seen one person at the site, the sales office on McGill is never open and when it is open it's always empty, and furthermore, the staff at the sales office are not knowledgeable at all regarding the specifics of the new proposed condominium. Also the last post on their facebook page was October 13th, 2013, more than 7 months ago.

By the information I got off their website there is only 6.5% of the 167 units that are 'not available' which clearly states that there is little to no interest in this project. There are so many other options for people looking for a condo in and around the Old Port that they can get sooner, as it will probably take AT LEAST a good 3 years (from when they start) to demolish the building, go the proposed 5 storeys down for parking, then build a 10 storey condominium from the ground up, so realistically people will only be able to take delivery 2018-2019 at the earliest.

I'm willing to bet this project never comes to fruition, seems like it was mishandled from the beginning.

I also live in the area. The whole way this proposed development came to be is extremely sketchy. About a year prior to the SAX proposal, the building on Wellington was fully occupied by renters. At one point in the summer of 2012 or 2013 (I can't remember which now) 2 strange things happened:

1. One night, in the middle of the night, for a good 2-4 hours, groups of people were inside the abandoned building on King. They were breaking windows, smashing wood - generally causing havoc and making tons of noise. It took hours for the police to respond.

2. There was a HUGE fire in the abandoned building on King. I'm not sure how it started, but it really got going. Again, the official response was quite slow.

It was only after the above incidents that all renters were removed form the building Wellington.

And then a few months later the SAX proposal went up.

In terms of choice in the area there are numerous options. All of them will be up earlier than the SAX and are by promoters/developers who have already built in the area.

Food for thought.

J'aimerais rajouter que la femme qui s'occupe de leur bureau de ventes est très rude.

Je suis allé visiter, aucun bonjour, aucun sourire, je me suis rapidement senti comme si je n'étais pas le bienvenue.

Feriez-vous un achat de 300,000 $ à quelqu'un qui vous regarde de haut comme si vous n'étiez qu'un moins que rien ?

Non.

Kevlar a quand même une bonne réputation avec ses projets Sax à l'Ile des Soeurs et Ville Mont-Royal.. Dommage!

Autant ils ont pas eu le meme succes avec Jazz et Sax et Longueuil, et meme Sax3 à TMR

Comme ACPNC le mentionne, l'équipe de vente y est pour beaucoup, et clairement celle au vieux mtl ne semble pas être à la hauteur

I also live in the area. The whole way this proposed development came to be is extremely sketchy. About a year prior to the SAX proposal, the building on Wellington was fully occupied by renters. At one point in the summer of 2012 or 2013 (I can't remember which now) 2 strange things happened:

1. One night, in the middle of the night, for a good 2-4 hours, groups of people were inside the abandoned building on King. They were breaking windows, smashing wood - generally causing havoc and making tons of noise. It took hours for the police to respond.

2. There was a HUGE fire in the abandoned building on King. I'm not sure how it started, but it really got going. Again, the official response was quite slow.

It was only after the above incidents that all renters were removed form the building Wellington.

And then a few months later the SAX proposal went up.

In terms of choice in the area there are numerous options. All of them will be up earlier than the SAX and are by promoters/developers who have already built in the area.

Food for thought.

I remember that night, it was about 1:30 AM when I started smelling smoke and within about 5 minutes I saw the reflection of the flames in the windows of the office building across the street. I also called 9-1-1 regarding the fire. I knew exactly what was going on as soon as I saw the flames. Obviously someone made that happen to expedite the process of getting the building condemned to build this new 'sax' project.

I do think at that point there weren't any people living in the building (although I'm not sure) but that's still incredibly dangerous as the fire could've easily spread to my building or 50 Soeurs Grises.

J'aimerais rajouter que la femme qui s'occupe de leur bureau de ventes est très rude.

Je suis allé visiter, aucun bonjour, aucun sourire, je me suis rapidement senti comme si je n'étais pas le bienvenue.

Feriez-vous un achat de 300,000 $ à quelqu'un qui vous regarde de haut comme si vous n'étiez qu'un moins que rien ?

Non.

Généralement lorsque tu fais un investissement de la sorte, tu as une idée de ce que tu recherches (d’après moi)

La vendeuse n'existera plus lorsque le projet sera construit.

Elle est juste la pour discuter des options et montrer les plans.

Mais je comprends que c'est elle qui est le médium entre l'entrepreneur et le projet

C'est mon opinion par contre.

Modifié par DOMZE