Aller au contenu

Les Bassins, Quai 2 - 8 étages (2018)

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

That, in my opinion, is a huge NO!

I saw the plans and the shift was way too important. I would have never signed at the notary. That's over 20k at the price they charge per square foot!

I am signing with Notary tomorrow...the developper reimbursed me the loss of sqft that above 5%($7700), he will not refund me the 5%..because of the contract says they can have 5% of the sqft difference on the plan(5% is $13k). If I decide to not buy, I am not sure if i can get my deposit back...

Modifié par akikan

Hi. 2a here. Did not get any surprises at all. Things came out exactly as was indicated on the plan. The only change compared to the original plan (seen on the website, and the actual layout in the sales office), was a change of the mechanical room, but that was mentionned right off the bat, with printouts of the new layout also. Didn't ask for any particular changes neither, although I'm pretty sure I could have. Really have nothing to complain about from that aspect.

The fixes that came after I took possession though took a bit of time to complete, a bit more than I would have expected (months), which was a tad annoying at times. Nothing major, but there were a few annoyances here and there. It was all fixed eventually though.

Thanks for the insight, this is my first time buying, so it's very helpful. What were changes in the mechanical room? Did it increase in size? Also, exactly what were the fixes related to? Is this something that you flagged during inspection?

2a here as well. Exact same problem, we actually got more space than expected so we were happy. The fixes took forever and we complained several times which was a pain in the ass. Still some things left to fix but we absolutely LOVE living here. We are lucky to have a "townhouse" facing west so plenty of sun and a nice deck. It is quiet and most people are very nice.

When you say you got more space than expected, do you mean you got more than what was originally written down on plan? If yes, how much sf did it increase? Also, what were the fixes related to? Congrats on your place btw. I recently purchased purchased a place from Basin Du Havre and I can't wait for it to be built. I hope there's not going to be any discrepancy .

I am signing with Notary tomorrow...the developper reimbursed me the loss of sqft that above 5%($7700), he will not refund me the 5%..because of the contract says they can have 5% of the sqft difference on the plan(5% is $13k). If I decide to not buy, I am not sure if i can get my deposit back...

You should start a new thread, you will get more answers.

And post in the right project.

Maybe 80sqf more than when we bought on plan because the unit was supposed to be similar to phase 1 I believe but they made modifications. When we bought they told us we MIGHT get a bit more SqF. The fixes were only esthetic, crooked panels, scratched panels, gaps, little problem with electricity in our bathroom. All the lights would burn out super fast which isn't normal and they made a transformer mistake. Also our counter was very obviously crooked and they left it that way which pissed me of because there is NO way they didn't notice. Anyways all minor stuff which was fixed, just took long we than expected and we had to be annoying, which we normally aren't, to get what we wanted. You'll love living here I am sure.

Thanks for the insight, this is my first time buying, so it's very helpful. What were changes in the mechanical room? Did it increase in size? Also, exactly what were the fixes related to? Is this something that you flagged during inspection?

Well, it's more that the model unit in the sales office was made in a certain configuration (which, I believe, was how it was done in phase 1), while for 2a, they changed the location of the mechanical room. If I recall correctly, I think it's there's even a sign in the sales office, in that model unit, that mentions the difference...

Yes, the fixes are all things that were flagged both during the inspection, and even after (because you really can't catch *everything* during that inspection, even if you try, it usually comes out to being the really most obvious things).

The person (from Prevel) who was accompanying us during the inspection was also quite helpful in seeing things which needed fixing (which we might not have even noticed, but that she knew often occured).

The things that needed fixing? You might wanna look at the floors (gaps? scratches?), the doors (do they close properly?), kitchen/bathroom cabinets (well aligned? scratches?), electric outlets (are they all functional?)... That's the things I can think of off the top of my head.

Like Braun, I can also say I'm pretty happy with the purchase. The proximity to the canal and the bike path is really nice. The immediate area is peaceful and so are the people I've met in the building. Yes, I still have to live with the construction of phases 2b and 3, but oh well, that's the price to pay. Not like I wasn't expecting it. :)

Maybe 80sqf more than when we bought on plan because the unit was supposed to be similar to phase 1 I believe but they made modifications. When we bought they told us we MIGHT get a bit more SqF. The fixes were only esthetic, crooked panels, scratched panels, gaps, little problem with electricity in our bathroom. All the lights would burn out super fast which isn't normal and they made a transformer mistake. Also our counter was very obviously crooked and they left it that way which pissed me of because there is NO way they didn't notice. Anyways all minor stuff which was fixed, just took long we than expected and we had to be annoying, which we normally aren't, to get what we wanted. You'll love living here I am sure.

Wait, lights burning out super fast? Which ones? All my lights in the kitchen have actually burned out already... One in the bathroom also... You're telling me we can bug them about it? :P

Wait, lights burning out super fast? Which ones? All my lights in the kitchen have actually burned out already... One in the bathroom also... You're telling me we can bug them about it? :P

Oh yeah most definitely!! One lasted about 2 hours!! Faulty wiring and then it happened again so I said there is something wrong. After 5-6 burnt out lights JUST in the bathroom upstairs I said bring someone competent and find the problem. So yeah, ask!!!! I think it was something wrong with a transformer or something, I pay people to build my house so I am clueless to those things.