Aller au contenu
publicité

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

I seriously doubt it. The habs never made it ast the second round with koivu. He never won anything, never scored more than 75 points in one season. there are plenty of other players in Habs history who did more and yet are still waiting to have their numbers retired.

In any other organization, Koivu would have his number retired, but Montreal is different. It's a helluva lot harder to have your number retired in Montreal than anywhere else!

I look at his community work, cancer battle, and perseverance more than his points. Habs management might decide to honour that. Unlikely, i know.. but i think i'd be cool!

publicité
I look at his community work, cancer battle, and perseverance more than his points. Habs management might decide to honour that. Unlikely, i know.. but i think i'd be cool!

Plenty of other players did lots of cummunity work as well. Patrick Roy headed the Ronald McDonal house in Montreal for sick children...Kovalev had a Skybox at the Bell Centre so sick kids could go see the Habs, and the list goes on.

I agree that koivu did alot in the community, but you DO NOT retire a guys number because of his work in the community, you retire it because of what he accomplished on the ice!

Plenty of other players did lots of cummunity work as well. Patrick Roy headed the Ronald McDonal house in Montreal for sick children...Kovalev had a Skybox at the Bell Centre so sick kids could go see the Habs, and the list goes on.

I agree that koivu did alot in the community, but you DO NOT retire a guys number because of his work in the community, you retire it because of what he accomplished on the ice!

I didn't just say community, read again : cancer battle and perseverance, on and off the ice.

Saku was great not just for his play, but for his positive example. I think that counts.

So you want to retire his number out of pity? Because he battled Cancer and won?

Sorry dude! I don't think so! Had saku had 3-4 100 point seasons, and lead the habs to a SC final, then it would be a no-brainer, but he just didn't do enough on the ice to warrant having his number retired. I'm not saying it's his fault. We have to remember that the Habs from 1998 til 2001 were horrible and Saku was the only decent player on the team!

So you want to retire his number out of pity? Because he battled Cancer and won?

Sorry dude! I don't think so! Had saku had 3-4 100 point seasons, and lead the habs to a SC final, then it would be a no-brainer, but he just didn't do enough on the ice to warrant having his number retired. I'm not saying it's his fault. We have to remember that the Habs from 1998 til 2001 were horrible and Saku was the only decent player on the team!

Why do we need to retire a jersey because this person has amassed numerous points. It isn't just about the points. For the past 2 yrs Ron Fournier and friends pushed for Emile "Butch" Bouchard to retire his number and you want to know something, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I'm all for it. It's not all about the points Habsfan or the number of cups you've won.

Why do we need to retire a jersey because this person has amassed numerous points. It isn't just about the points. For the past 2 yrs Ron Fournier and friends pushed for Emile "Butch" Bouchard to retire his number and you want to know something, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I'm all for it. It's not all about the points Habsfan or the number of cups you've won.

I know it's not only about points and Stanley Cups, but those are the 2 MAJOR reasons why a player has his number retired(at least in Montreal)!

The other stuff is nice, but doesn't have as much weight!