Aller au contenu
publicité

Tour Deloitte - 26 étages (2015)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité

With reduced protection for Gare Windsor, would it be possible to build a new entertainment venue between the Arena and the old station? I like the plaza located there and would hate to see it constructed on.

2185224881_6d3563bb55_o.jpg

What has been proposed for the Parking lot located to the south of Gare Windsor. Has construction already begun on that location?

There is not a whole lot that can be done with Windsor Station ever since the mistake that is the Bell Centre.

It could easily become part of a concert hall built in the center court. Afterall, this court/square while nice is not in and of itself a heritage monument as it was the tracks and platforms.

An office building is another option BUT VERY doubtful as the Nimby's led by Dinu would never allow it.

They are so narrow minded in that older buildings that have trouble finding modern day uses because their uses were limited or stripped of their vocation HAVE to adapt. I would much rather have a building like Windsor Station living as part of something bigger than have it stand vacant as some kind of ancient artifact in a museum cabinet. Of course, Dinu is pushing his own version of Montreal as a low rise city that evolves and transforms very little. Sad, very sad for Montreal. There is very little room for daring, innovative projects in a city that guards against it. And Mr. Bumbaru is obsessed with having Montreal declared a Unesco city of heritage. A museum indeed.

• Administrateur

Gillet entertainment group are really strong managing events and such. They rent parts of the bell center for corp events (my employer hosted its christmas party in 2006), I wouldn't be surprised to see the windsor used even more as a reception hall for corp events given the huge portfolio GEG has.

Gillet entertainment group are really strong managing events and such. They rent parts of the bell center for corp events (my employer hosted its christmas party in 2006), I wouldn't be surprised to see the windsor used even more as a reception hall for corp events given the huge portfolio GEG has.

I'm in the Special Event industry and the Windsor Station is a prime quality place for holding special events. Lots of weddings, lots of corporate events and some festivals (Beer fest. come to mind) Everyone in the industry is really happy with this transaction. GEG knows a bit more about the event industry then the CP.

You clearly don't know anything about Dinu Bumbaru. Come on.

I'm sorry KT, but I kinda agree with Internationalx concerning bumbaru. EVERY SINGLE TIME we read about bumbaru he is complaining about one project or another. He is never happy, always wants to limit projects or just plain and simply wants to block them from becomming reality.

I'm having a damn hard time liking this guy. I can understand that he wants to protect old buildings, and I'm all for protecting many of them...but to simply want ot protect EVERYTHING is simply wrong, and counter productive.