Aller au contenu
publicité

Maison Manuvie - 28 étages

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

publicité
Couillard or not... it goes to show you just how weak the market is in Montreal. Office space projects in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary are pushing ahead at increasing rates. What can we say about Montreal at this time??

We need to get our economy rolling in a big way...

Montréal added close to 5 millions sq ft last year through conversion of industrial space, do you even know what you're saying?

C'est sûr que certains ne voient que ce qu'ils veulent voir et qui sert bien leur rhétorique. Construire un immeuble neuf est bien plus visible que de transformer des planchers d'usines anciennes en bureaux. Cependant ces nouvelles surfaces sont tout à fait adéquates, mais avec une âme particulière. Il est clair que le développement montréalais est unique en son genre au Canada. Il est donc difficilement comparable quand vient le temps de mesurer sa véritable ampleur, car il faut chercher un peu partout à travers la ville. Bon an mal an, indépendamment du gouvernement en place, des projets s'élaborent sans tambour ni trompette, et c'est toute l'économie qui en bénéficie. A cela s'ajoute une reconversion qui redonne vie à des quartiers quasi oubliés, dont notamment Griffintown, qui est en passe de devenir le meilleur choix après le c-v.

Couillard or not... it goes to show you just how weak the market is in Montreal. Office space projects in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary are pushing ahead at increasing rates. What can we say about Montreal at this time??

We need to get our economy rolling in a big way...

Sorry mark ac, this has nothing to do with Montreal....and everything to do with the Corporate HQ in Scotland.

Ce que je ne comprends pas habsfan,c est comment le promoteur soit à l étape de fermer le parking e une semaine après on commence à dire que probablement la construction ne commencera pas de sitôt ! Il n y avait pas encore un contrat dûment signé ? C est pas sérieux !

Yes I do, do you? Montreal had negative absorption of class A/B office space in 2013. Montreal also had a negative commercial and residential real estate markets. So whether or not tiertiary space gets coverted to office space, projects downtown Montreal are not moving other than the condo towers by the Bell Center. Having Deloitte and 900 de Maisonneuve go up would speak to the health of the corporate market in Montreal. None of the above metrics speak to a healthy or prosperous economy.

CJB, have you been to Toronto lately?

Interesting discussion, I would like to point out an interesting phenomenon I saw in New Hampshire on my way home today. Many New England cities are left with the remains of the HUGE but handsome red brick mills of the last century that were vacated when many of the jobs were transferred overseas. Hartford has chosen to build new modern towers and left many of the old mills to rot, creating massive areas where you do not want to be at night (actually you probably wouldn't want to be there in the morning either). Manchester on the other hand is actively reusing those buildings both as residential and business locations, not unlike Montreal. No, they don't have as many skyscrapers as Hartford, but their mills look clean and inviting. So which city had the better response to the same problem?

Sorry mark ac, this has nothing to do with Montreal....and everything to do with the Corporate HQ in Scotland.

Ca a tu avoir avec le referemdum sur l'indépendance de l'Écosse?Je penserais que oui

Like Montreal, almost all of Toronto`s current construction is condos. A superficial analysis can be impressive and clearly Toronto has more cranes now than anywhere else in NA. Montreal is third, which doesn`t exactly justify one long-sustained negative rant. I have lived n Toronto and still go there often. In my view, it reams largely charmless and virtually all of the new towers seem to only deepen the sense of an impersonal C-V. It always a relief to come home. Yes, I am happy to see the new towers going up in Montreal. But, my main concern will always be how they contribute to our quality of life...and that is not measured by how symmetric or dense the skyline is as seen from the Champlain bridge. I have not had a close look at the impact of all the conversions in the mile-end district, but the number of square feet is staggering. My impression from reading about them is that they are helping, not hindering, a strong sense of community.

Ce que je ne comprends pas habsfan,c est comment le promoteur soit à l étape de fermer le parking e une semaine après on commence à dire que probablement la construction ne commencera pas de sitôt ! Il n y avait pas encore un contrat dûment signé ? C est pas sérieux !

Non, le contrat n'était toujours pas signé. Tout dépendait de la vente du S.S. sur Sherbrooke...et ce deal a été annulé par le PDG à Edimbourg.

Any risk of Standard Life reducing its Montreal presence?

I don't think so!